cloned angus bull

Help Support CattleToday:

preston39

Reaction score
Does anyone know where this cloned disease resistant angus bull is? What he is doing? What is going on with him? Has anyone.....HEY TEXAS!!...seen him?

" COLLEGE STATION, Texas (April 27) - A team of French and American researchers has successfully cloned a horse, Texas A&M University officials announced Wednesday. The foal was named Paris Texas......
..........The first cloned cat was born at the school Dec. 22, 2001. Since then, the university has cloned several litters of pigs, a Boer goat, a disease-resistant Angus bull, the first Brahma bull and a deer."

preston39":3pas94ut said:
Does anyone know where this cloned disease resistant angus bull is? What he is doing? What is going on with him? Has anyone.....HEY TEXAS!!...seen him?

" COLLEGE STATION, Texas (April 27) - A team of French and American researchers has successfully cloned a horse, Texas A&M University officials announced Wednesday. The foal was named Paris Texas......
..........The first cloned cat was born at the school Dec. 22, 2001. Since then, the university has cloned several litters of pigs, a Boer goat, a disease-resistant Angus bull, the first Brahma bull and a deer."

Its playing God in my book.

Aint right.

Caustic Burno":32gnj6gu said:
preston39":32gnj6gu said:

Aint right.
Everbody mark this down and stand back in case somebody falls over...me and Burro winds up on the same page again. I agree 100%. Dont worry Burro...I wont tell nobody me and you agreed on something. LOL

Caustic Burno":36ultuof said:
preston39":36ultuof said:

Aint right.

Which part the cloning or the geneticly modified part for the disease resistence?

dun

Caustic Burno":1n1akitu said:
preston39":1n1akitu said:

Aint right.
=========

caustic,

I think you hit the nail on the head. But, I am afraid it is our future. The impact of which I am trying to assess. Could go in many directions. Any of which could require some of us to pay and pay dearly. huuummm.
I wonder how/if they are using him at present? Any thoughts?

dun":5xha058z said:
Caustic Burno":5xha058z said:
preston39":5xha058z said:

Aint right.

Which part the cloning or the geneticly modified part for the disease resistence?

dun
============
dun,

Either. Wouldn't you think? When the process gets online so to speak. Take for example...disease....who wouldn't want to have a copy of that for a herd? Drug cos. may not like it...or maybe the Vets.

I think it is to early to speculate but, the impact on current genetics could be staggering. No?

Geneticly modified corn and soybeans have been on the market for years. That's what some of the stink from japan and the EU is about with our beans and corn.
When it gets to cloning I have a totally different take. As someone once said, just because you can do it doesn;t mean you should!

dun

dun

You could buy every sire in the Genex manuel for less than one cloned bull. I don't think cloning is anything to be concerned about by anyone now living(unless you're a research scientist.) But it's coming. Let me
paraphrase Zager&Evans "2525", from 1969:
In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do, or say
Is in the pill you took today
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you
Your arms are hangimg limp at your sides
Your legs got nothing to do
Some machine doing that for you
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube
And then it's time for the Judgement Day.

Caustic Burno":3c2gz4gn said:
preston39":3c2gz4gn said:

Aint right.

I never thought this day would come, but I agree. I doubt that you care, but I still agree. It's playing God and wrong.

For myself I would never give thought to using something from a cloned animal. Improving your own herd through progessive breeding and good management is why I love to raise cattle. With cloning you would know what you are going to get. Takes no brain power. When you breed your animals to improve them and then see the improvement now that is what I call success.

well all matters put aside, I don't think there is a person on the boards that wouldn't take a clone of DHD Traveler 6807 or EXT.... you look at the ammount of semen sold from those animals..... that would pay quickly....

Jake":282ewjzb said:
well all matters put aside, I don't think there is a person on the boards that wouldn't take a clone of DHD Traveler 6807 or EXT.... you look at the ammount of semen sold from those animals..... that would pay quickly....

I'm not so sure of that, Jake. We have some EXT semen, but are having trouble using it because so many of our cows are daughters or granddaughters of EXT. I never was a big 6807 fan, though I've seen some fine animals by him.

I like to think we're improving our breed as we go along. So, while those old bulls still have a place, I don't know that I'd be all that excited about a clone being available.

Caustic Burno":1bdb2aug said:
preston39":1bdb2aug said:

Aint right.

I'm with Caustic on this one for sure.

Not that I could afford it anyway, but:

50,000.00 AUD Australia Dollars equals
39,112.97 USD United States Dollars

Latest posts