clipping a bull's eyelashes

Help Support CattleToday:

PFSSTEWART

Reaction score
Few years back we had a bull , kept junmping the fence. A old cowboy told us to clip his eyelashes. I thought I was being set up for a joke, but did it anyway. the bull quit jumping the fence. I have never found anyone else who ever heard of that. Has anyone out there ever heard such.

PFSSTEWART":2f35lfog said:
Few years back we had a bull , kept junmping the fence. A old cowboy told us to clip his eyelashes. I thought I was being set up for a joke, but did it anyway. the bull quit jumping the fence. I have never found anyone else who ever heard of that. Has anyone out there ever heard such.

By any chance was there a cow on the other side of that fence?

VanC":2xka9u9u said:
I'm very interested to hear how clipping the bull's eyelashes could solve the problem.

Possible scenario:
1 Bull jumps fence. Miz Lucy says "Oh you strong thing you"
2 Miz Lucy is "settled". No more of that runnin' round.
3 Bull gets his eyelashes trimmed.
4 Bull no longer goes over the fence.

If Miz Lucy goes a normal term and delivers a calf and has adequate nutrition, trim the bulls eyelashes about 9.5 months from now. If he still jumps the fence, we'll have the answer.

Alice":20wfymva said:
I had two great uncles that were west Texas ranchers that my Daddy told some hair raising stories about...in fact, my grandmother, their sister, could ride bareback and shoot with deadly accuracy at a full gallop. So, who am I to say if it works or not.

Alice
Hot Dang
Alice is Annie Oakley's and Wild Bill Hickocks granddaughter. WoooWeeeeeee. Maybe she'll write a book and publish it on Cattle Today. We can be the first to read it. Alice's daddy might have to help her with some stuff that she forgets.

la4angus":1oeofwnd said:
Alice":1oeofwnd said:
I had two great uncles that were west Texas ranchers that my Daddy told some hair raising stories about...in fact, my grandmother, their sister, could ride bareback and shoot with deadly accuracy at a full gallop. So, who am I to say if it works or not.

Alice
Hot Dang
Alice is Annie Oakley's and Wild Bill Hickocks granddaughter. WoooWeeeeeee. Maybe she'll write a book and publish it on Cattle Today. We can be the first to read it. Alice's daddy might have to help her with some stuff that she forgets.

Alice's daddy died in 1982...

Alice

PFSSTEWART":1kzlozit said:

Boy you are the all time blue ribbon winner to date.

But if you shave there ass they will quit digging holes.

PFSSTEWART":1my8wmmb said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never heard that one but a Simmental breeder told me once that a bull with a double row of eyelashes means he's

"Homozygous Polled".

I didn't call him a liar but I didn't believe him either. ;-)

Glad to know that , now i know what to do if mine ever hops the fence. :lol: :lol: :lol:

curtis":3ttm3dix said:
Glad to know that , now i know what to do if mine ever hops the fence. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonder if I "Plucked" my bulls eyelashes would I even have a need for fences. :shock:

MikeC":3dvkbr3o said:
curtis":3dvkbr3o said:

Wonder if I "Plucked" my bulls eyelashes would I even have a need for fences. :shock:

Mike

If you put makeup on him I bet you wouldnt need that fence, would just stay in the barn to shy to come out.

You would have to bring the girls to him.
And he would just do his work in the dark.

Wait, we have just discribed crowder.
makeup, large girls, dark, shy.

Yep thats our guy

MD

redfornow":3hee3p9q said:
MikeC":3hee3p9q said:
curtis":3hee3p9q said:

Mike

If you put makeup on him I bet you wouldnt need that fence, would just stay in the barn to shy to come out.

You would have to bring the girls to him.
And he would just do his work in the dark.

Wait, we have just discribed crowder.
makeup, large girls, dark, shy.

Yep thats our guy

MD

Too funny. :lol:

I ,ve heard you can tie a knot in there tail also, works just as good as clippin eyelashes.

curtis":15lo7475 said:
I ,ve heard you can tie a knot in there tail also, works just as good as clippin eyelashes.

I thought the knot was supposed to be tied in his penis? :lol:

MikeC":gtp8t7nr said:
curtis":gtp8t7nr said:

I thought the knot was supposed to be tied in his penis? :lol:
That only works up north, its a yankee thing.

never heard it before either. but if i thought it would work. id be shearing my neighbors inbred dink. still give me chill bumps him looking over the fence at my heifers

My only plausible scientific explanation is that clipping the eyelasjes may have affected his depth perception when it came fence jumping time. Unfortunately I sold the bull before I could let the eyelashes grow back . but for the few months I kept him, I promise he never jumped a fence again.

Latest posts