Christmas eve in the barn...

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
So how many folks spent some time with the animals last night.
Old legend has it that they are given the gift of speach on Christmas Eve and some of the olf timers spend some time with them to hear them speak.
The hens in the chicken house were quiet and slept through the night but the cows in the barn, I left a door open for them, let me know how we are doing and what they would like for the next year.
As with most years Old Boss Cow says that she wants to retire and that this is her last calf but seems to find herself in front of the bull in the spring.
Tenn Cow said not to relax to much in the next few days as she feels like she will clave early and isn't sure if she wants to be in the barn or not.
Missy, our horned herf said that there is no problems and that she will have another big healthy calf right on time in January, just keep the good alfalfa in the feed bunk.
The rest of the gals mostly just muttered between themsleves anout Sarah being so pushy as getting ready to take over as boss cow from her mother.
I really enjoy my Christmas Eves in the barn and hope to pass this tradition down to the grand kids as our son was fast asleep after a big dinner over at the relative's place and fancies hinself as a computer geek and probably won't take over the farm.

And that's my two bits worth...asked for or not....Dave Mc

Dave, did you notice anything out of the ordinalry with the moon? It was real cloudy here but night before last it was really bright and mars was following it closely. Supposed to not happen again for many years.

doug and i were talking about the mules talking....couldnt get any one go hang out with me... so i guess,, illjust have to do the talking when i go to the barn for the next yr LOL

yes i seen the moon what a display! was so bright....i couldsee the shadows ofthe crators... just beautiful... hope all had a great xmas and enjoyed goodfood anad family Rose

Jogeephus":ho731ttg said:
Dave, did you notice anything out of the ordinalry with the moon? It was real cloudy here but night before last it was really bright and mars was following it closely. Supposed to not happen again for many years.

If you're talking about the bright ring around it, that has happened twice that I have seen in the past few days. I asked my youngest son (whom is home from college) to come look at it and he told me the type of atmospheric conditions that caused it. Guess those thousands of dollars at UGA are doing some good......

It was a BEAUTIFUL sight!

grannysoo":28eo137r said:
Jogeephus":28eo137r said:

If you're talking about the bright ring around it, that has happened twice that I have seen in the past few days. I asked my youngest son (whom is home from college) to come look at it and he told me the type of atmospheric conditions that caused it. Guess those thousands of dollars at UGA are doing some good......

It was a BEAUTIFUL sight!

I saw the ring too. It was magnificent. But what I was referring to was that Mars and the Moon were both going to be at their closest points to the earth for many years - I think this is right anyway. Christmas Eve was to be the highlight but I think it looked brighter and closer Sunday night at my house. Yard looked like I had security lights set up.

Latest posts