Chipolte closes restaurants in Portland/Seattle over E.coli

Help Support CattleToday:

The answer is yes. Seriously, there are steps that can be taken to help control this sort of thing in our food supply. This article mentioned the tomato caused outbreak back in the 90's and was traced back to a farm(s) in California using human waste (feces) as fertilizer. Come on, really? OK, that was the source but what about at the end of the supply chain? Doesn't anyone wash their veggies before consuming them? And using human shyt as fertilizer makes them "organically" grown? I don't think those of us who raise beef (and poultry, hogs, goats, etc) that enter the food chain are without some faults either. There have been times on this board where folks talk about feeding their animals chicken shyt when it has been well established (I think) that chicken poop is one source of BSE in cattle. Why in the world would someone do that?

OK, enough. You get enough rain, Grey? We've had over 10 inches in the past two weeks and most of it was slow and steady. It all went into the ground.

Yeah, plenty of rain--still gray and overcast this morning too. I wish I could have fertilized but that just wasn't in the cards this fall.

Good thing I don't eat at Chipolte. In fact I don't even know where one is located. I saw them on the news, I think it was Saturday. They were all closed but not telling anyone why. E.coli, interesting. Nothing to worry about if you have owned cattle all your life. You have probably been exposed to it hundreds of times and have the antibodies in your system. If you are one of those sterile environment city people it is a different story. Those people it will kill them or at least make them wish they would die.

Best wishes for all Chipotle customers, but did you really believe that "food with integrity" that Chipotle used to raise prices and set itself apart from other restaurants. Suckers.

Dave":kydpwmrf said:
Good thing I don't eat at Chipolte. In fact I don't even know where one is located. I saw them on the news, I think it was Saturday. They were all closed but not telling anyone why. E.coli, interesting. Nothing to worry about if you have owned cattle all your life. You have probably been exposed to it hundreds of times and have the antibodies in your system. If you are one of those sterile environment city people it is a different story. Those people it will kill them or at least make them wish they would die.

Sorry Dave, that's not how it works. Antibodies tend to be pretty strain-specific. A virulent strain of E coli can certainly sicken someone who was previously exposed to a non-virulent strain.

And if you think a city environment is sterile, you ain't never lived in one.

With all the advertising gimicks they have pitched about the quality of their food and bad mouthing tradtional sources I find it hilarious them having this problem!

dun":1ndk6cl5 said:
With all the advertising gimicks they have pitched about the quality of their food and bad mouthing tradtional sources I find it hilarious them having this problem!

:nod: I sure do enjoy karma.

Latest posts