Chevy 6.5 diesel

Help Support CattleToday:

ben2008

Reaction score
Does any one have a Chevy with a 6.5 diesel in it? Im looking at a 1994 3500 4x4 with one of these engines and a manual transmission and was just looking for some info on them, such as power and what kinda gas mileage to expect from it. Also are the reliable? it has about 193000 miles on it, is that to much? you guys on here are great i'll be happy when i can start answering some questions from other people :D i feel like im not givin any input, i hope thats alright. Well thanks a billion, ben.

Sold mine last year, it was also a 94, Great truck and still didn't burn or leak oil at 250,000 when i sold it. got in between 18-21 mpg they get great mileage for a diesel. They aren't much for pulling huge loads, but better than a gas engine. decent buy at 3-4,000 dollars. they also make a chip for it to boost horsepower, and i would suggest putting a K&N filter on it.

Hey Ben ,
Had a 97' 3500 with that engine. Went thru three injector pumps within 60K miles. Would pull a house up to 45 mph but above that or during a hot summer day and it really struggled to pull my 3 horse gooseneck. Did get good mileage though.

Latest posts