Checking in

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Hi there, been too long since I've been here. Life gets in the way, as it does. Hoping to rectify that recently, as I've realised I've missed the place :( Not a lot of spare time atm though so we shall see.

I have recently moved from the city onto 5 acres (missed the country too much, only lasted not quite a year in the city). Lovely to be out in the country again, and its still close enough for the commute to work in the cbd. Plenty of room for my goats.

On the cattle front, not doing a whole lot and I'm missing them :( Heaps of sheep at work but nothing quite like cattle. I'm looking at preparing some cattle for a really great murray grey stud here, for this years royal (end of september). And I'm eyeing off a couple of my neighbours calves, belgian blue crosses, and debating purchasing them from him to prepare for the steer hoof and hook competition for next year's royal.

Other than that, overworked and underpaid, but enjoying a hectic life. We have been getting heaps of rain here, not really enough in some places to counteract the horrible drought they've been having, but certainly making our place look better. Too much feed, not enough animals to eat it, but given I'm not making a living off the place, I don't mind. Keep the parasite count well down. Over east my folks have had terrible flooding, but their stock are pretty sheltered with enough sheds etc. For a while mum was hopping in a dingy to go check the stock in the back paddocks.

Not much else to report, hope everyone's family and cattle are doing well.