Caustic its raining

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
CB it is raining so hard here that you can probably hear it through this thread.

Life is good!

Hey Boogie,we got 1 1/2 inches out of that here.Wo hoo!!
Looks like ya'll fot more your way.

Cal

Calman":2tx23a1c said:
Hey Boogie,we got 1 1/2 inches out of that here.Wo hoo!!
Looks like ya'll fot more your way.

Cal

Not much more than that Cal but it came all at once. Then we got some sprinkles. Pond got water.

#8 lost her calf today. Still born? This was the second one she lost. Haven't lost one since November so I shouldn't whine. #8 is going out with the next load. Good looking gal but......

Was so tickled with the rain that losing the calf was trivial.

backhoeboogie":22bt8qvw said:
Was so tickled with the rain that losing the calf was trivial.

I've had 11 calve since Easter...3 more close. Sure would be easier on me to sell them if they didn't have the little calves.

And even if I did get the rain most everyone else is getting....my problem doesn't end their....I need the next rain after like - next week instead of August 10th. So much for optimism.

Got 2.6" this morning. Started off real nice and slow for a couple hours, and then a big downpour. Don't think it will do anything for the tanks yet, but it's a start. :clap:

Jim62":3iv927rr said:
Got 2.6" this morning. Started off real nice and slow for a couple hours, and then a big downpour. Don't think it will do anything for the tanks yet, but it's a start. :clap:
Great.....I was thinking maybe you and Vet were sort of in the same neck of the woods and he would get some of it too.

1982vett":j0a8fleh said:
TB...ended up with 1 3/10ths...on to the next one, that is where the real relief is going to be.

That's a good start. Now if you can just get that much today and maybe tomorrow you can relax a bit for a little while anyway. At least get those blasted cracks filled back up. Here's hoping for you.

a buddy of mine close to waco got 3 inches of rain this week.so his sale cattle could have some mudd on them.

bigbull338":2ifuperh said:
a buddy of mine close to waco got 3 inches of rain this week.so his sale cattle could have some mudd on them.

I doubt 3 inches would even wash all the dust of of'em.

TexasBred":q610ns2j said:
bigbull338":q610ns2j said:

I doubt 3 inches would even wash all the dust of of'em.

We haven't had 3 in the last 6 months. We have a lot of snowpack for those with water rights but it just rained and snowed a bit lately. Nothing all winter.

Latest posts