Raining ?

Help Support CattleToday:

@Warren Allison thank you for that explanation... Yes I have plan F, since they stopped allowing enrollment in plan G by the time I was eligible......Yes, my friend went to a Medicare advantage plan and she could not find enough things to spend all the "allotted money on her card" on....the first year. Maybe her ins advisor did not tell her she could use it for utility bills or things...
But she did it by choice she said.... she was looking at the cost and thinking since she "never gets sick" there might be a cheaper way... So, like @greybeard asked.... "WHY" would you sooner or later "have to" change to an advantage plan???? Just wondering... and if I get all the "replacement surgeries out of the way, is that when I should look at changing????

Again, thank you for putting it in PLAIN ENGLISH.....
Med Supps. like I said, will have rate increases every year, because they have to pay more every year, as Medicare raises Part A and Part B deductibles every year. And every year, people like your friend, decide to go the Med Adv route, with no premium and only co-pays, especially those who are in good health and don't have many medical expensive. So, that medicare supplement book of business becomes more un healthy each year, as the ones who keep it, are the ones who use heath care a lot, forcing even higher rate increases on that book of business. That is why, someone who is 70, with Plan F they have had for 5years, will be paying more for it than someone who is a new 70 yr old enrollee in a plan F. That 1st book of business has 5 years of claims against it, while the new plans start out with a zero-claim liability against it. I had planned to go the Med supp route when I turned 65. However, I wrote myself a Med Adv plan instead. Some Med Adv companies have plans for ":special needs" clients. who have diabetes and/or congestive heart failure. I have type II diabetes, and a few months before I turned 65, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure., so I wrote myself a SNP Med Adv plan. I pay zero premium, and this year, with all of my tests and procedures regarding my heart, and my cataract surgery, I have spent a total of $350 out of pocket. I pay nothing for Insulin, or for the $3000-$8000 a month for the diabetes once-a week-injectibles like Trulicity, Ozempic, or Monjaro. I picked a plan with a national PPO network rather than an HMO network. While the HMO s would have either a $10 or $0 copay for primary care physicians, instead of the $40 co[pay my PPO has, I can use it all over the country. And the PPO network has many., many more participating doctors and hospitals than an HMO will have. Plus, there are out-ot-network benefits with a PPO, where with an HMO, you have no out-of-network coverage.

Med Supps. like I said, will have rate increases every year, because they have to pay more every year, as Medicare raises Part A and Part B deductibles every year. And every year, people like your friend, decide to go the Med Adv route, with no premium and only co-pays, especially those who are in good health and don't have many medical expensive. So, that medicare supplement book of business becomes more un healthy each year, as the ones who keep it, are the ones who use heath care a lot, forcing even higher rate increases on that book of business. That is why, someone who is 70, with Plan F they have had for 5years, will be paying more for it than someone who is a new 70 yr old enrollee in a plan F. That 1st book of business has 5 years of claims against it, while the new plans start out with a zero-claim liability against it. I had planned to go the Med supp route when I turned 65. However, I wrote myself a Med Adv plan instead. Some Med Adv companies have plans for ":special needs" clients. who have diabetes and/or congestive heart failure. I have type II diabetes, and a few months before I turned 65, I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure., so I wrote myself a SNP Med Adv plan. I pay zero premium, and this year, with all of my tests and procedures regarding my heart, and my cataract surgery, I have spent a total of $350 out of pocket. I pay nothing for Insulin, or for the $3000-$8000 a month for the diabetes once-a week-injectibles like Trulicity, Ozempic, or Monjaro. I picked a plan with a national PPO network rather than an HMO network. While the HMO s would have either a $10 or $0 copay for primary care physicians, instead of the $40 co[pay my PPO has, I can use it all over the country. And the PPO network has many., many more participating doctors and hospitals than an HMO will have. Plus, there are out-ot-network benefits with a PPO, where with an HMO, you have no out-of-network coverage.
Warren have you got any rain yet ? :)

The coast here got some good amounts earlier.. Then back to a bit drier. Then cold nights, warm days. Now t is supposed to
rain the next couple days. Didn't think the grass would ever be green again. But is growing, the everything has greened up.

So, changing to Med Adv is a choice and not really a 'have to'.

Just out we are down 21" to date for the year.
We are down about 11 inches...half the county, our northern part, is in severe drought... and just to the north, there are 3 counties that are in extreme drought... listing them as extremely low water tables... from 12 to 20 inches short of moisture. We do not have the heat y'all had down there in TX either... so I really feel bad for you.

Just out we are down 21" to date for the year.
Odd year here...Currently D2 drought but still about 1 1/4 inch above average rainfall year to date. We had 26.7 of 38 inches by June 11, then 1/10th between June 12 and September 14. Been getting a few showers and a couple good rain spells since. Currently at 33 inches for the year. Managed not to get frosted off the past few days and the Fall/Winter grasses are coming along pretty good. Helps that I sold off a bunch of cows earlier in the year.

I have never seen the grass in the Sweetwater (Jeffery City Wyoming) look so good. Those cows should do well out there this fall. That is if it doesn't get covered up with snow like last winter.

We are about 5-6 inches above normal. But that total is still probably less than most of you have that are in areas considered drought. There is a reason this is part of the area refereed to as the high desert.

I was told a story that Willie Sulin, and Fred Engebritson tied a frog on its back and were drumming on it and drinking Fred's homemade turnip wine. They went for more wine and forgot where the frog was. Story has it that it rained all summer.
Hahaha, now that's a hillbilly story for sure.

Latest posts