Raining ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
It's incredible how dry it's been at our ranch for the last 3 years.

Kind of got me thinking could this be a result of farmer and rancher haters figuring out a way to not make it rain.

I guess if they can seed clouds and make it rain they can probably do something to not make it rain?

Let me hear your thoughts !!

Step up non-believers so the rain will never come
Someone stop that fire from burning, don't dare beat the drum
He said, "Some may think I'm crazy for making all these claims
But I swear when this day is over
You folks won't have seen no rain"

Tonya Drucker's (Sam Drucker's daughter)
Tizzie and the Drought Maker

Today is the last day in the 80's. It is gonna get cold and rainy this week. Lows in the 30's and highs barely 60. Exactly the kind of weather I hate. I am 2 weeks into Medicare Advantage and Part D open enrollment, and ObamaCare open enrollment starts tomorrow. The last 2 months of the year are the most miserable in this business. But, this cold, rainy weather will make it a little more bearable...being stuck in the office, on the phone all day. We do need this rain, though. I Just like rain better when the lows are in the 70s and the highs in the 90s! :)

Today is the last day in the 80's. It is gonna get cold and rainy this week. Lows in the 30's and highs barely 60. Exactly the kind of weather I hate. I am 2 weeks into Medicare Advantage and Part D open enrollment, and ObamaCare open enrollment starts tomorrow. The last 2 months of the year are the most miserable in this business. But, this cold, rainy weather will make it a little more bearable...being stuck in the office, on the phone all day. We do need this rain, though. I Just like rain better when the lows are in the 70s and the highs in the 90s! :)

My tv, (if it were on), would be rife with medicare and other healthcare friggin commercials, one after another, each one claiming to be the best.. :rolleyes: (that's why it isn't on)

I Just like better when the lows are in the 70s and the highs in the 90s! :)
Any more profanity like this and I will have to talk to the higher ups and get you banned! Nobody should have to endure the 90s much less wish for them!😅

I am stuck in VA thanks to my lovely wife but Lord I hate the heat. Weather had been decent then got hot again last week. Makes me a miserable S.O.B. Can't wait for a cool down!

My tv, (if it were on), would be rife with medicare and other healthcare friggin commercials, one after another, each one claiming to be the best.. :rolleyes: (that's why it isn't on)
Every year, I promise myself I will no longer fool with Med Adv or Obamacare, except for friends, family, or an existing clients on other business. But, they will send people to me, figuring they are helping me out. It is hard for me to turn down a senior that calls, though. I just spent the last 2 hours on the phone with a lady, that has twice since OE started Oct 15th, listened to telemarketers, and let them change the coverage she had in place. She called me wondering how to get her coverage back. So, I got her fixed back up, and told her we will submit it the last day of OE ( You can submit Med Adv and Part D applications all day long everyday, and the last one CMS receives is what you get.) I told her once we submit it to NOT answer the phone til after midnight! 2 hours on something that will pay me $10 a month! And, bless her heart, she said she was going to tell all of her friends to call me! I need to learn to say no, but I get to worrying about what will happen to these people., who have been sold something that it is not what they should do. ObamaCare tomorrow will be even worse. I get calls form people who tried to do it themselves first, or called an insurer direct, or worse of all, had went through one of these " Navigators" or " councellors" at hospitals, medical clinics, pharmacies, etc. Some of these will take days to straighten out, if it can be at all. Enrollment would be a lot simpler and easier, of they would have just called an agent to begin with. I am seriously considering just telling folks tomorrow I don't write ACA insurance. Healthcare.gov has my name and contact info on their website, for people to call for On Demand Assistance. I am going to take that off, too, as soon as I can find the page on the website to do it. I have been in this business for 35 years, and it is difficult for me, sometimes, to decicpher all of the information the federal government puts out on both kinds of insurance. So, I cam just imagine how daunting a task it is for the layman.

Every year, I promise myself I will no longer fool with Med Adv or Obamacare, except for friends, family, or an existing clients on other business. But, they will send people to me, figuring they are helping me out. It is hard for me to turn down a senior that calls, though. I just spent the last 2 hours on the phone with a lady, that has twice since OE started Oct 15th, listened to telemarketers, and let them change the coverage she had in place. She called me wondering how to get her coverage back. So, I got her fixed back up, and told her we will submit it the last day of OE ( You can submit Med Adv and Part D applications all day long everyday, and the last one CMS receives is what you get.) I told her once we submit it to NOT answer the phone til after midnight! 2 hours on something that will pay me $10 a month! And, bless her heart, she said she was going to tell all of her friends to call me! I need to learn to say no, but I get to worrying about what will happen to these people., who have been sold something that it is not what they should do. ObamaCare tomorrow will be even worse. I get calls form people who tried to do it themselves first, or called an insurer direct, or worse of all, had went through one of these " Navigators" or " councellors" at hospitals, medical clinics, pharmacies, etc. Some of these will take days to straighten out, if it can be at all. Enrollment would be a lot simpler and easier, of they would have just called an agent to begin with. I am seriously considering just telling folks tomorrow I don't write ACA insurance. Healthcare.gov has my name and contact info on their website, for people to call for On Demand Assistance. I am going to take that off, too, as soon as I can find the page on the website to do it. I have been in this business for 35 years, and it is difficult for me, sometimes, to decicpher all of the information the federal government puts out on both kinds of insurance. So, I cam just imagine how daunting a task it is for the layman.
They're horribly persistent!
I have great insurance thankfully.
Some of these DMARD disease modified anti rheumatic drugs can be pricey.

It's incredible how dry it's been at our ranch for the last 3 years.

Kind of got me thinking could this be a result of farmer and rancher haters figuring out a way to not make it rain.

I guess if they can seed clouds and make it rain they can probably do something to not make it rain?

Let me hear your thoughts !!
It's the Chinese Weather Balloons

I can not begin to imagine why a person would want to get into the insurance business with the complicated convoluted way it is.... God Bless YOU for being willing to continue to help people.
When I was getting close to 65 and all the calling crap started, I went to 2 different "informational meetings" at 2 different places.... I was so confused afterwards that I just about went nuts. I talked to our insurance lady at work. They did a meeting for insurance and some of the things that we had to look out for since there were about 1/3 of us in the 60's+ age range...
Then I spent a little time with her one on one... and said look, I do not understand this and really am not interested in getting even more confused. I want to know what your suggestions are. Her husband had just retired less than a year previously... and he then had a knee replacement... so I said okay... what did you suggest/sign him up for... I told her about the ankle, and then the knees and that there were replacements in the future... our company insurance had gone to a high deductible to keep the costs down, so I was waiting it out to get on Medicare for it... we discussed any health issues ( I had none except needing the new joints and to lose some weight).... so she told me what I should do, how it would work, and what it would cost initially and that it would continue to go up yearly according to the overall costs for the age group... not what I used.... and I did it. BEST THING I EVER DID.... my ankle replacement was paid for 100% less the $285 deductible.... the knees were up to $300 deductible or so... Costs for the supplement has gone from $89 to $139 a month, over the last 5 years..... after the deductible I pay nothing except pharmaceuticals and I have a bare bones policy for that because I do not take anything on a regular basis. I figure it will take at least 30 years for the costs saved will be equaled out by the higher cost of the plan I have, than a cheaper plan... because I pay no co-pays for doctor visits or anything... I just pay any dr bill or whatever I have for an initial visit in a new year, to reach my deductible, and that is it. It may not be the most economical plan as I know people that pay less monthly... and maybe somewhere down the road I would want to change it... like a friend that is late 70's now went to a different plan since she never used her medicare for anything and now gets all sorts of things by the switch for "preventitive " health stuff... and costs her less... and is as healthy as they come and still working and doing her own thing on her farm with meat and dairy goats and chickens and everything....
The thing is, where would I have been without a KNOWLEDGEABLE insurance person to guide me through the initial insanity...
I did talk to a guy on the phone about 2-3 years ago... he was very nice and asked if I would want to discuss any possible changes in my medicare supplement etc... since he was polite, and was obviously from this country as his English was very understandable and no accent... I said okay... just to hear a different opinion. I do not like to sound prejudice... but some people that have heavy accents, are just too difficult for me to understand when they talk and that is just the truth.
So, I did stay on the phone for a few minutes... he asked some health questions, what medical issues I had, if any, what supplement I had, and after telling him about the replacements, the plan and all... he said, I will not even suggest to you to consider a different plan. Whoever got you set up got you the very best coverage for your situation and if I were you I would not change a thing at this point.

I do not answer any of the calls anymore or if I do by accident, I just say I am now on welfare and the gov't pays for my situation... and they usually just hang up, or the nice ones say they don't think they can help me....

I can not begin to imagine why a person would want to get into the insurance business with the complicated convoluted way it is.... God Bless YOU for being willing to continue to help people.
When I was getting close to 65 and all the calling crap started, I went to 2 different "informational meetings" at 2 different places.... I was so confused afterwards that I just about went nuts. I talked to our insurance lady at work. They did a meeting for insurance and some of the things that we had to look out for since there were about 1/3 of us in the 60's+ age range...
Then I spent a little time with her one on one... and said look, I do not understand this and really am not interested in getting even more confused. I want to know what your suggestions are. Her husband had just retired less than a year previously... and he then had a knee replacement... so I said okay... what did you suggest/sign him up for... I told her about the ankle, and then the knees and that there were replacements in the future... our company insurance had gone to a high deductible to keep the costs down, so I was waiting it out to get on Medicare for it... we discussed any health issues ( I had none except needing the new joints and to lose some weight).... so she told me what I should do, how it would work, and what it would cost initially and that it would continue to go up yearly according to the overall costs for the age group... not what I used.... and I did it. BEST THING I EVER DID.... my ankle replacement was paid for 100% less the $285 deductible.... the knees were up to $300 deductible or so... Costs for the supplement has gone from $89 to $139 a month, over the last 5 years..... after the deductible I pay nothing except pharmaceuticals and I have a bare bones policy for that because I do not take anything on a regular basis. I figure it will take at least 30 years for the costs saved will be equaled out by the higher cost of the plan I have, than a cheaper plan... because I pay no co-pays for doctor visits or anything... I just pay any dr bill or whatever I have for an initial visit in a new year, to reach my deductible, and that is it. It may not be the most economical plan as I know people that pay less monthly... and maybe somewhere down the road I would want to change it... like a friend that is late 70's now went to a different plan since she never used her medicare for anything and now gets all sorts of things by the switch for "preventitive " health stuff... and costs her less... and is as healthy as they come and still working and doing her own thing on her farm with meat and dairy goats and chickens and everything....
The thing is, where would I have been without a KNOWLEDGEABLE insurance person to guide me through the initial insanity...
I did talk to a guy on the phone about 2-3 years ago... he was very nice and asked if I would want to discuss any possible changes in my medicare supplement etc... since he was polite, and was obviously from this country as his English was very understandable and no accent... I said okay... just to hear a different opinion. I do not like to sound prejudice... but some people that have heavy accents, are just too difficult for me to understand when they talk and that is just the truth.
So, I did stay on the phone for a few minutes... he asked some health questions, what medical issues I had, if any, what supplement I had, and after telling him about the replacements, the plan and all... he said, I will not even suggest to you to consider a different plan. Whoever got you set up got you the very best coverage for your situation and if I were you I would not change a thing at this point.

I do not answer any of the calls anymore or if I do by accident, I just say I am now on welfare and the gov't pays for my situation... and they usually just hang up, or the nice ones say they don't think they can help me....
You have a medicare supplement plan F it pays your -part A deductible and co-insurance, and it pays your part B deductible and co-insurance. Because medicare goes up on those 2 deductibles every year, so does a supplement that pays them; When the federal government got involved in the mid 90's ( God, I hate when the fed government "fixes" anything) they approved 8 standardized supplement plans. Good thing was, you no longer had to compare each company's plans: a BCBS Plan F pays exactly the same as a UCH plan F, or a Mutual of Omaha plan F. All you have to ask is "how much is your plan F?". None "pays better" than the other. Bad thing was, they should have named them plans 1-8 instead of A-H, And when Medicare Part C ( Medicare Advantage) and Medicare Part D ( drug coverage) came along about 2004, it became even more confusing. Pan F supplement plans in this part of GA start at about $150 a month for attained age plans and about $165 for issue-age plans. You won't be able, to change medicare supplements. They are under-written, except for the 3 mos before you turn 65, the whole month you turn 65, and 3 mos after you turn 65. Any other time they are underwritten with extensive health questions. Be fore the government "fixed it" in the 90's carriers could exclude pre-existing conditions or rate up and cover them, or put a waiting period then cover them. The gov felt that was too confusing for seniors, so now they just decline to write anyone unless they are in perfect health except for that 6 mos guaranteed issue period. What you can do, and sooner or later you will have to, is enroll in a Part C Medicare Advantage plan. They are zero premium in most states, and are guaranteed issue, no heath questions are asked, and you can change plans once a year at open enrollment. and yes, the insurance company sends you a debit card that they load every month with a few hundred dollars that you can buy OTC drugs with, food, gas for your car, utility bills, all sorts of things really, except tobacco or alcohol,. as well as your membership costs for a gym.

@Warren Allison thank you for that explanation... Yes I have plan F, since they stopped allowing enrollment in plan G by the time I was eligible......Yes, my friend went to a Medicare advantage plan and she could not find enough things to spend all the "allotted money on her card" on....the first year. Maybe her ins advisor did not tell her she could use it for utility bills or things...
But she did it by choice she said.... she was looking at the cost and thinking since she "never gets sick" there might be a cheaper way... So, like @greybeard asked.... "WHY" would you sooner or later "have to" change to an advantage plan???? Just wondering... and if I get all the "replacement surgeries out of the way, is that when I should look at changing????

Again, thank you for putting it in PLAIN ENGLISH.....

Back to the raining... that front that came through TX and all across the midwest hit the Allegheny mountains between WV and VA and pretty much fizzled out... we got 1/10th inch of cold wet drizzle yesterday... brought the cold and wind... next couple of days going to be windy and chilly then warming a bit towards the weekend... to closer to "normal"... but no precip in the forecast for another week it looks like. :cry::cry:☹️☹️😭😭.....

Latest posts