Cattlemen being duped again

Help Support CattleToday:

Highpoint

Reaction score
I noticed in a beef article cattlemen building large buildings and cutting grass to serve to cattle instead of the cattle grazing outside. Within time the mark of a healthy cow will be vitamin d levels which for cows come from the sun. There is not supplements which could raise the levels as high as the sun. Just stupid. These people must think the public won't find out the brands who carry their beef.

Reminds me of the so called expert who thought feeding bone meal to cattle would save money desposing of left over carcasses and now being blamed on increase alzhemers protein build up in the brain. Is it any wonder no one trusts Agra anything. I feel for the farmer as again their will need to be a different word on the label to protect the public.

The barn they are in must be a never ending clean up...aint nobody got time for that..

I knew of a certain dairy farmer --if I remember right had 1500 head- used to squish the water out of the poop and feed 30% back into the feed..
real "intelligent" if you have johnes or some other nasty...

Highpoint":32i184sz said:
I noticed in a beef article cattlemen building large buildings and cutting grass to serve to cattle instead of the cattle
grazing outside.

These people must think the public won't find out the brands who carry their beef.
I feel for the farmer as again their will need to be a different word on the label to protect the public.
The majority of the public only cares about the price on the label.
It only takes about 40 years to educate the public and overcome misinformation... so good luck there.

Son of Butch":1fjn73rk said:
Highpoint":1fjn73rk said:
I noticed in a beef article cattlemen building large buildings and cutting grass to serve to cattle instead of the cattle
grazing outside.

These people must think the public won't find out the brands who carry their beef.
I feel for the farmer as again their will need to be a different word on the label to protect the public.
It only takes about 40 years to educate the public and overcome misinformation... so good luck there.

Well I don't think so Butch. I get emails daily from multiple groups who have now stepped up to be in the know. Certainly better than the government getting involved to protect the public. Oh and by the way the stuff I sprayed on the pasture has been shown in research to break down the protein in the brain that causes alzhemers- I haven't figured out though why the USDA won't allow you to put The product on labels of meat nor what it will do totally to pasture grass since I am the experiment on grass. And too because family use my little acres as a feed lot so to speak at times. I know it has nitrogen phosphate potassium calcium sulfur and a host of other nutrients and someone must know as they are now putting saw dust in cattle feed. In other words if a rancher mowed down the trees instead of killing them it puts a large amount of nutrients back in the soil.

This is something else. All my research on cattle comes from outside the USA because not one university studies things like this. I knew pharma took over university for health but think Agra took over university studies too. Or maybe like medical doctors who stay current on pharma drugs but know little about natural health -not sure. I do know that I have attended many meetings where doctors said they would loose their license if they told the truth in their offices. Sad.

most dairies do exactly what you described and have been doing it for a long time.

i doubt anyone is squeezing water from poop with 1500 cows. with 1500 cows you don't even have time to poop.

Highpoint":1ppnmtem said:
Son of Butch":1ppnmtem said:
Highpoint":1ppnmtem said:
grazing outside.

Well I don't think so Butch. I get emails daily from multiple groups who have now stepped up to be in the know.
Yes, PETA is very active.
Glad it's all under control and now that everyone is in the know, all animals housed in Minnesnowta in the winter
will be released into the wild.

Daily emails from multiple groups spreading misinformation is what Junk email filters are for.

Highpoint":2q4wvye1 said:
I noticed in a beef article cattlemen building large buildings and cutting grass to serve to cattle instead of the cattle grazing outside. Within time the mark of a healthy cow will be vitamin d levels which for cows come from the sun. There is not supplements which could raise the levels as high as the sun. Just stupid. These people must think the public won't find out the brands who carry their beef.

Reminds me of the so called expert who thought feeding bone meal to cattle would save money desposing of left over carcasses and now being blamed on increase alzhemers protein build up in the brain. Is it any wonder no one trusts Agra anything. I feel for the farmer as again their will need to be a different word on the label to protect the public.

Maybe before saying how bad and wrong this is, you could do a little research on confinement barns? Just a thought.

You can thank the EPA and greenies for putting all these cows under roof. Read up on watershed rules and you will see why they are under roof. So I wouldn't say they are duped, more like forced againest their will.
And FYI vitamin d supplement does provide enough for cattle, and is relatively cheap.

This high point is starting to sound more like sir lion.

Not sure who to respond too first but no I am not with PETA nor do I agree with them. Just because I have started the farming doesn't make me a farmer or rancher as I believe it takes years and much more knowledge. No I do not agree anything the EPA does - period. In fact, the EPA know how to destroy land and they would just need to go to anything of Dr. Savory to know this is true but most of the time they are in with the wrong group.

Yes too I know what the consumer means when they say grass fed and no maybe there is more to confinement barns than the fact they are confined - I'll take a look. Well if they allow someone to look as most confinement facilities do not allow anyone in to look.

I know too the feed lots are much worse and people still purchase but it is the fact that again someone wants to put on a label grass fed instead of grass fed in confinement which no one would pay a higher price to buy.

Seems like it would take a lot of cut grass to feed to cattle, and a heck of a grass catcher behind a bush hog :hide: sorry couldn't resist.
As for feed lots, I don't know of any other practical way to finish large numbers of cattle. I still think we have a pretty good and safe product in our beef industry.

Supa Dexta":n2ngsbeo said:
ga.prime":n2ngsbeo said:
Super Dexta, anybody ever tell you that you look like Marty Funkhauser from "Curb Your Enthusiasm"?

Don't know the show, but he sounds good looking.
Haha, not a put down, he's alright. Striking resemblance between the two of you.

I have said this before and will say it again. It doesn't matter what you or I think, it is what the public know. They know a cow in constant confinement is not as healthy as one who is not. Also there are many producers who raised their cattle on grass that will be harmed by this and will need to add pasture grass fed or non- confinement to their labels. Also the one who said cattle in confinement can get enough nutrients of vitamin d are barking up the wrong tree.

I do know beef could be one of the healthiest products on ones plate because of many things. Raw milk from cows raised the right way also is a health benefit - can bring children out of asthma, protect their teeth and too many other benefits to mention.

ga.prime":39tr12zg said:
Supa Dexta":39tr12zg said:
ga.prime":39tr12zg said:
Super Dexta, anybody ever tell you that you look like Marty Funkhauser from "Curb Your Enthusiasm"?

Don't know the show, but he sounds good looking.
Haha, not a put down, he's alright. Striking resemblance between the two of you.

I thought he was a dead ringer for Super Dave Osborne. :oops:

Latest posts