Cattlemen being duped again

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":jl442wyt said:
ga.prime":jl442wyt said:
When I hear people are taking alfalfa supplements, I laugh a lot.

Well, then it has a positive benefit.

A reason I laugh too is because one bale of hay if put into those supplements could sale for thousands.

Highpoint":3846usma said:
Bright Raven":3846usma said:
ga.prime":3846usma said:
When I hear people are taking alfalfa supplements, I laugh a lot.

Well, then it has a positive benefit.

A reason I laugh too is because one bale of hay if put into those supplements could sale for thousands.

You got that right! Lots of money in the wellness industry.

ddd75":3af81ylr said:
the good thing this is the USA so we can use our dollars to buy what we want.

YOU can go and buy pasture raised, 100% grassfed, non-confinement beef to enjoy.

The public.. which is mainly a bunch of lazy, facebook informed, idiots.. like to eat at mcdonalds and don't really care if they are eating 40% water, 30% 'beef', and 30% 'other' ... they don't care if its confined, outside, or underground.

i cannot judge this way. I had money, I would never be considered lazy and I worked hard to be the best Mom I could be. I just didn't know about our food - I assumed the food other than sugar was healthy but not until so many came down with cancer autism and Alzheimer's in a tiny town of 2500. A friend of my daughter studying to be a doctor in Tulsa was a part of a team to come to our area to try to find out why so many children and adults were so sick. They did not come out with the research they needed.

I'll give you a funny example. A friend of mine is vegan and I noticed she ate cereal with blueberries and shared that the blueberries were not really fruit. The cereal company used beaver butts to make the blueberries as it tastes like the fruit. She grabbed her phone and looked it up and was furious. This is what happens to people who think they pay more to get the best beef on the market then find out the meat isn't what they were told.

sim.-ang.king":16j5r7dc said:
Beaver butts? You mean castor? You probably have eaten it in your all natural vanilla ice cream.

Highly unlikely anyone is eating it.

'total annual national consumption of castoreum, castoreum extract, and castoreum liquid combined is only about 292 pounds, which works out to an average of less than a millionth of a pound per person in the U.S. Compare that figure with the approximately 20 million pounds of vanilla naturally harvested from real vanilla beans every year. Depending upon as scarce a substance as castoreum to flavor the ice cream and candy found on store shelves would create nationwide shortages of those items and drive up their prices beyond the reach of all but the wealthiest consumers.'

It ain't cheap either. I have 2 ounce container of it for my beaver trapping that I think cost about $12.

In other news, I crossed the Sulphur River last night about dark near Texarkana. Rolled the window down to let some air circulate but didn't notice an improved vim and vitality, a renewed pep in my step or pride in my stride and my truck didn't show an improved MPG either. I was sorely disappointed...

Supa Dexta":2995trri said:
sim.-ang.king":2995trri said:
Beaver butts? You mean castor? You probably have eaten it in your all natural vanilla ice cream.

Highly unlikely anyone is eating it.

'total annual national consumption of castoreum, castoreum extract, and castoreum liquid combined is only about 292 pounds, which works out to an average of less than a millionth of a pound per person in the U.S. Compare that figure with the approximately 20 million pounds of vanilla naturally harvested from real vanilla beans every year. Depending upon as scarce a substance as castoreum to flavor the ice cream and candy found on store shelves would create nationwide shortages of those items and drive up their prices beyond the reach of all but the wealthiest consumers.'
It doesn't take a lot of it replace vanilla. Your millionth of pound would still be enough to smell it. :lol:

You missed the point. I am not vegan and I believe their diet is not healthy. It was the fact when people find a company has hidden the fact their fruit is not fruit and grass fed is really not grass pasture fed it will not make the consumer happy.

Latest posts