Cattle Wormer's

Help Support CattleToday:

El_Putzo":2tou8i6k said:
Cheap is good too. How many 5 L jugs can you get me? :lol: :lol:

I just priced some on Valley Vet and they have it for $297.50 per 5 L.

I just wormed last week with the dectomax injectable. I got it off ebay, and paid $147 per 500 ml bottle. I found it cheaper there than either valleyvet or jeffers.

rattler,
stay away from the generics they don't do that great of a job. You often get what you pay for. Cydectin, Eprinex, Dectomax and Ivomec are the leading pour-ons and seem to do great. I use Eprinex and find wonderful control. I also use fly tags, but usually don't put those in till a little later. A lot of time people will talk about rotating dewormers. If you rotate b/t the 4 previous mentioned you aren't doing any good. if you rotate you need to rotate b/t the Generic name (Ivermectin, Levamisol, Thiabendazole, Albendazole, Fenbendazole, etc...)

With that said there is no evidence of internal parasites developing resistance to cattle dewormers, so for internal there is no real reason to rotate.

Feed through wormers can be a problem. You need to make sure that each animal is actually injesting the amount of dewormer needed to be effective.

Failure of dewormer is usually a result of underdosing, using out-of-date product, or improperly stored dewormers.

Remember most of these have a min and max temp in which they can be stored.

Thanks' Diehard to you for the info and everybody else that has posted on this subject.All the info on this subject is a big help to me and maby others' who read it.I have tryed the worm blocks' a year or so ago but some of the older cow's keep nudgeing the younger heifer's out so i wasent' sure they were getting wormed so the next time i used pour on.
rattler

Latest posts