Cattle Preg checking

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2cz3x3zi said:
Kingfisher":2cz3x3zi said:
funny guy no hay bragging.. I never tested my test was if I had a calf in 12 months after last 1. Since I'm buying barn cows wanted a way to check those.

I thought you were going to raise some bottle calves? Now your buying "barn" cows? Don't they preg check em for the seller at your barn? Why don't you go get some of those private treaty cows that are breed?

I am as well as 200-300lb calves cows whatever I think I can keep alive and make a buck. some barns preg check not all.[/quote]
I can tell you right now preg checking 300lbs is going to be a waste of time,needles and shipping expense.

I can tell you right now preg checking 300lbs is going to be a waste of time,needles and shipping expense.[/quote]
So now I finally hear the secret of Sky's success. He has been buying those two for one specials hidden in the small calf pen! :tiphat:

KingfisherI thought you were going to raise some bottle calves? Now your buying "barn" cows? Don't they preg check em for the seller at your barn? Why don't you go get some of those private treaty cows that are breed?[/quote said:
I am as well as 200-300lb calves cows whatever I think I can keep alive and make a buck. some barns preg check not all.
I can tell you right now preg checking 300lbs is going to be a waste of time,needles and shipping expense.[/quote]

:lol2:

Toad":4xjzn3sm said:
I can tell you right now preg checking 300lbs is going to be a waste of time,needles and shipping expense.
So now I finally hear the secret of Sky's success. He has been buying those two for one specials hidden in the small calf pen! :tiphat:[/quote]

:nod:

ricebeltrancher":2ve1aa4b said:
With blood testing, you have to re-sort them days later after you get results back. And you can definitely get a false positive. It IS cheap, though, if you don't have many cows. We got tired of palpating and blood testing, and bought our own ultrasound machine. Safer and more accurate than palpation, and instant results. Plus very accurate aging, sexing, and twin detection.

I was wondering what kind of ultrasound machine you got and where did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking? I've been thing of getting one.

ricebeltrancher":3241dla6 said:
I'll pm you!

Can I get a pm as well on that. Curious how affordable the tech has become, as I was thinking they're still a half dozen good steers worth yet.

Latest posts