cattle pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

if we dont like somebodys cattle picture what should we do

• make up something nice to say anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tell the truth even if they may not like it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
tapeworm !!!! 300+ posts since jan 09 2005????? from someone who does not have time to look at pictures? yet you still want to look at pics of ollies cattle?? contrdictory (sp) statement???
never once did i put myself in the same class of cattleman as caustic or anyone else! but i do make a small profit from time to time which is the bottom line!!!!!yes i do have high blood pressure, yes i do take medications for it, un fortunatly there is no medication for you to take to give you to get you off your high horse or remove the chip from your sholder!!!! perhaps a lobotamy might help!!!!!
the insults you tossed at me just rolled off like water on a ducks back because i have been insulted by the best , but you don't qualify to be in the best (more like the worst) if that is the best you can do don't waste your time!!!!!!!!!!!
have a nice day !!!!

Hey Tape, Surprise all of us and post some pics. If you can't do it I'll do it for you. For a small charge... :shock: Settle the argument with these guys, and do it. Hell they'd have to find someone else to pick on! I personally dare you to do it.

Crowderfarms":11qai3sx said:
Hey Tape, Surprise all of us and post some pics. If you can't do it I'll do it for you. For a small charge... :shock: Settle the argument with these guys, and do it. Hell they'd have to find someone else to pick on! I personally dare you to do it.
LOL Crowderfarms...I told you guys I would work on it. And dont hold your breath waiting to get rich from me paying you to post pictures for me...Im going to try to figure it out myself. If I cant figure it out maybe I can get some help from somebody then.
PS..CrowderFarm..I dont take dares since I was a kid. Have you ever jumped out of a windmill blindfolded??

tapeworm":36n7wgwo said:
Crowderfarms":36n7wgwo said:
LOL Crowderfarms...I told you guys I would work on it. And dont hold your breath waiting to get rich from me paying you to post pictures for me...Im going to try to figure it out myself. If I cant figure it out maybe I can get some help from somebody then.
PS..CrowderFarm..I dont take dares since I was a kid. Have you ever jumped out of a windmill blindfolded??
No, but I did go out once when I was about 21 with a Blind date that was as tall and big as a windmill, does that count? Her name was Windy.

And just to update you folks on my picture taking...I havent started yet but Ive sure got it on my mind. I was riding through some cows this week checking cows...like some of you do I look to see whos doing their job, raising there calf like they should, in good shape and all that nonsense. Not this time though. This time I was looking to see who might make a good picture. LOL
Yessireee...you folks will make a real rancher out of me yet...long as I can stay in business long enough

tapeworm":11n6sfrp said:
Doctor your question is too easy...without fertility,mothering and calving ease you may as well be running steers. I know you said only pick one but you dont have to do that in the real world that us nondoctors operate in. angus (red or black) and herefords or better yet..a cross of the two...will let you have em all
Tapeworm - You are right - Fertility is THE number One trait - for without fertility you have noo cattle! All of the other traits sort of crowd together in the number TWO spot, depending what your ultimate goals happen to be. IMO - a better cross would be
Angus (Red or Black), - or Hereford - crossed with YOUR choice of a Continental breed - Simmintal - Gelpvieh - Limousin (docile) - Tarentaise (very interesting breed!) - - - actually - in the last several years they ALL have improved their EPD's across the board and , as a result, increased their advantage in a cross-breeding program. Value-based marketing with a focus on production and carcass traits will result in $$ Profit (premiums) in your bank account. BUT - - you have to have FERTILITY to get the basic product - Calves!

DOC HARRIS":2xujvdzf said:
tapeworm":2xujvdzf said:
Doctor your question is too easy...without fertility,mothering and calving ease you may as well be running steers. I know you said only pick one but you dont have to do that in the real world that us nondoctors operate in. angus (red or black) and herefords or better yet..a cross of the two...will let you have em all
Tapeworm - You are right - Fertility is THE number One trait - for without fertility you have noo cattle! All of the other traits sort of crowd together in the number TWO spot, depending what your ultimate goals happen to be. IMO - a better cross would be
Angus (Red or Black), - or Hereford - crossed with YOUR choice of a Continental breed - Simmintal - Gelpvieh - Limousin (docile) - Tarentaise (very interesting breed!) - - - actually - in the last several years they ALL have improved their EPD's across the board and , as a result, increased their advantage in a cross-breeding program. Value-based marketing with a focus on production and carcass traits will result in $$ Profit (premiums) in your bank account. BUT - - you have to have FERTILITY to get the basic product - Calves!
Doctor I agree with you about the baldy momma cow..have some of both...black baldies and redneck baldies to. But what you breed em to depends on where your going..what type of grid etc. I cant argue with you if your talking about a yg based grid..could easily be more total dollars profit by doing that. Just find a grid you like and stick with it if you think theyre being square with you

tapeworm":1301j38p said:
DOC HARRIS":1301j38p said:
tapeworm":1301j38p said:
Doctor I agree with you about the baldy momma cow..have some of both...black baldies and redneck baldies to. But what you breed em to depends on where your going..what type of grid etc. I cant argue with you if your talking about a yg based grid..could easily be more total dollars profit by doing that. Just find a grid you like and stick with it if you think theyre being square with you
Tapeworm - You are RIGHT ON!

DOC HARRIS

tapeworm":3s5fvbzx said:
And just to update you folks on my picture taking...I havent started yet but Ive sure got it on my mind. I was riding through some cows this week checking cows...like some of you do I look to see whos doing their job, raising there calf like they should, in good shape and all that nonsense. Not this time though. This time I was looking to see who might make a good picture. LOL
Yessireee...you folks will make a real rancher out of me yet...long as I can stay in business long enough
As long as you've got it on your mind I am going to assume that your going to come through with the picture. Here is mine. This is my cow. I took the picture. No the grass doesn't look like that now. Go ahead and be critical. That is what you and I are putting them up for. Have your way with her.
100_1077.jpg

Gonna throw in my critique of her, if you don't mind. I like her back and hindquarters. Good shape to the head, too. Nice bag on her. All in all, I'd gladly add her to the herd. :)

ollie":1jjy37yv said:
tapeworm":1jjy37yv said:
As long as you've got it on your mind I am going to assume that your going to come through with the picture. Here is mine. This is my cow. I took the picture. No the grass doesn't look like that now. Go ahead and be critical. That is what you and I are putting them up for. Have your way with her.
100_1077.jpg
OLLIE! :roll: - WOW! IMHO - Here is a cow that any Judge would have to look at - and look at - and look at!Okay - let's begin. Good, breedy head with broad muzzle (indicative of an easy keeper), calm demeanor (important when she is calving), sm-o-o-o-th neck and shoulder blending (again an important factor for easy calving), strong, level back and top line extending clear to the smooth tail head, full, well-sprung heart girth with great capacity (room for a big health calf), level underline blending to a well attached udder with easily-accessible teats (calf doesn't have to 'fight' momma for breakfast) strong, straight legs with good bone(and I assume good feet) which will hold up for many years to carry lots of calves. Just as an aside, this little lady should be used as a donor!! She has deep, full rear flanks, and better than average hind quarters. I would like to see a little more level line from her hooks to her pins, and a little more thickness across the top of the round - and she seems to stand a little close at her hocks - but these criticisms are minor. This is the type of female every Breeder should strive for - because she can be used to produce momma cows as good as she is, and also be used to produce Terminal feeder calves. Stand TALL, Ollie! You have a winner here. I would take her - seven days a week. Could we see the South end of her as she travels North? (Darned good picture taking, too! You did a good job!)By the way - when I first perused this lady I thought that she was a Red Angus - then as I studied her more - -Is she a South Devon?? :idea: Whatever she is - she is a POPPIN' cow!

DOC HARRIS

ollie - You dog!

You been hiding another keeper from us.

Only thing missing to put her in my herd is a set of horns. 8)

Bez

Woweeee!!! ollie that is one heck of a cow!!! Doctor Harris Im bettin you were right the first time and shes a RA cow. Long...deep..looks thick...did I say LONG?? Still a nice little udder..guess shes wet in that picture?? Very very good cow ollie. More frame than I like but if you like em big and they work for you thats good. More flesh than I like on a working cow...or maybe just more than Im used to seeing?? LOL But if they get it on there own and not out of a sack theres not much you can do about it...just look at all that grass!!!
ollie my cut rate cows will be ashamed to have to stand beside a high dollar cow like yours..even more ashamed of my picture taking. LOL But a deals a deal...Ill try to have it within the next week or so. Thank you for showing me your cow ollie!!! Thats a real good cow ollie...sorry that I wasnt able to bash her more for you

Now that I think about it I guess there is one thing I see bad wrong about her ollie...shes standing on your ground and not mine!!!

Way to go Ollie. I knew she was a good cow, but never believed that you would get the raves about her that she got and deserves.

GREAT COW!! The only thing I could POSSIBLY say is that her teats look a little long in that picture. But I'd take 50 of them just like her!

Latest posts