Cattle Insurance Rates

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
CATTLE - BEEF OR DAIRY

AGE LIMITS 3 MONTHS TO 7 YEARS

15 Day Term -- $1.50 per $100.00 (A 15 day policy may be endorsed "15 day cover to have Its effective starting date at time of actual shipment".)

1 Month Term -- $2.50 per $100.00

2 Month Term -- $3.00 per $100.00

3 Month Term -- $3.50 per $100.00

6 Month Term -- $4.00 per $100.00

1 Year Term -- $6.00 per $100.00

AGE EXCEPTIONS - NOTE ADDED PREMIUM

Calves, 2 weeks to 7 weeks old -- $4.00 per $100.00

Calves, 7 weeks to 3 months old -- $2.00 per $100.00

(This is additional premium to be added to period coverage and considered earned in entirety when written.)

Bulls past 6, up to 8th birthday, eligible for insurance after amount of cover has been confirmed by Company.

$1.00 per hundred additional premium charged for each year or part over 7th birthday.

At 9th birthday Insurance not available.

Cows past 7 may be covered in same manner. At 10th birthday annual Insurance not available.

SPECIAL HERD INSURANCE –CATTLE (Non-Deductible)

If a minimum of six head are insured the rate is FIVE PERCENT. No one animal may exceed the total value of others insured. Full rate: no deductible involved.

GROUP (HERD) INSURANCE FOR CATTLE (Deductible)

The sum insured in respect to any one animal shall not exceed 50% of the total of schedule.

The minimum number of head required to be insured is ten.
The insured pays at Inception of insurance $3.00 per $100.00. If no loss is suffered no further premium Is paid. There is no payment of indemnities until total of loss or losses exceeds the amount of premium paid. After this deductible factor has been reached, difference up to Insured value is paid.
For example, ten animals at $1000.00 each, total cover $10,000.00.
Premium $300.00.
If one animal dies value $1,000.00 indemnity is $700.00 ($1000.00 less $300.00).
If a second one dies no deductible and $l,000.00 is paid in full.

Animals may be cancelled and others of equal value or total value may be substituted at no charge. Or the total volume of insurance may be increased by addition of other animals on the pro rata basis of $ .25 per 100.00 per month to expiration, or at $ .50 per $100.00 if loss has exceeded deductible. This is pro rata of the full annual rate as the policy through application of deductible has been automatically converted to standard policy with no further deductibles.

Herd or Group Plan policies may be cancelled in part or entirely on the short rate scale on the basis of what the earned premium would be at the 6% rate. This method of computation to apply at all times whether loss has been suffered or not. Entire premium is considered earned at fifth month from inception date
To utilize this plan best, consider total insurance as set volume not to be reduced but spread over listed animals. Re-place deleted animals with others to avoid reducing volume.

Mike;
The premiums on the herd insurance. Is that an annual premium? If so, that isn't as expensive as I thought it was. Where does one get this insurance?
Thanks
Greg

Mine is part of my farm insurance. $1.16 per hundred, $500.00 deductible. This does not cover natural death losses. Each year we do a review of total farm operation and cattle owned.
I declare a value on the livestock or with registered bulls, the purchase price. Cheap insurance __ it happens.

I don't know what company I use, but all of my show cattle are insured. It's worth it. Had a steer that died and they payed the full for how much he was insured for.

Latest posts