CATTLE DEATHS FROM IVOMEC

Help Support CattleToday:

This story is sketchy so I will simplify. The vet showed up with samples of Meramec--cannot find info on that--I told him not to give it. He heartily recommended Bovishield gold 5 to go with the 7-way vaccine and I was billed for the bovishield and the 7-way. There is no way that those 2 drugs caused the problems that followed 4 days later. I hope this helps. This has not been dropped and it will never be dropped until I am compensated.

The only Meramec I can find is a dewormer for dogs, made in India, that can be used in livestock...it is a dissolvable tablet. Are you sure that's what it was???

MU got a new chancellor so I sent him a message hoping to find an honest person. The message detailed and explained what happened and listed the crimes committed. The response was returned through the legal department saying that they owe me nothing and that the statute of limitations had run out. Dealing with this university is like dealing with the mafia. Their philosophy is to never pay unless forced to no matter who's right or wrong. Of course if you owe them money they will take everything you have to settle their debt. Any suggestions?

No one should be above the law--not even the university or the government. There should be accountability for illegal and unethical actions for them as well as anyone else.

FARMR":35i2qjb9 said:
No one should be above the law--not even the university or the government. There should be accountability for illegal and unethical actions for them as well as anyone else.

How many others have the same claim 10, 100, 1000's , millions or do you just have bad luck and drew the short straw one time

So over 100 vets have told you you're wrong.
Have you considered possibility that………you're wrong?

I'll admit, you're story confuses me. You blamed Ivermectin for a couple years, but last July suddenly claimed it was another drug completely, Meramec. In my experience, true stories seldom change….
There's obviously more to the story that you're not sharing.

I used Ivomec for 2 years. I noticed that 4 days after I administered it I had 5 or 6 calves suddenly die or show signs of paralysis and then die. I contacted Merial labs and complained about their product. They blamed everything but their product for the calves deaths. They had hidden the fact that Ivomec should not be given in some instances but now released in the current package insert. The vet showed up with samples of Meramec and I told him not to use it. It is also the same vet that Merial labs sent to investigate my claim that Ivomec killed my calves. Coincidence????

I haven't been paying attention to this thread. Is it safe to say that flounder has changed his name and agenda? BSE is old news. Ivomec will kill us all! :lol2:

That's weird vets always do what FARMR tells them not to do. It's been awhile, but I think I remember reading on the Ivomec label that in safety tests it was given at rates 10 times the recommended dosage to cattle with no ill effects.

Well I guess I will try and kill the whole bunch again this morning.
If you had to worm like we did in the 70's you would kiss the guy that thought up Ivomec.

FARMR":32805rnf said:
They had hidden the fact that Ivomec should not be given in some instances but now released in the current package insert.
It's been noted in the 'instruction pamphlet" for years. You had to read them though.

We've never had a cow die from using Ivomec. The only time I've heard of ivomec killing an animal is if it has heartworms and that's only in dogs. I've read through this thread and its a very crazy thread. I believe it was just a freak accident that this happened to your calves and I know its hard to swallow but it might be best to just drop it....its been a long time since it happened. Just my 2 cents....not wanting to upset anyone.

Maybe this is the final chapter to this story. Missouri got a new governor, Univ of mo got a new president and chancellor. The veterinarian and the dean of the vet school no longer work there as of the end of July. I have never been compensated and probably never will.

Latest posts