Cargill w/altosid

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":2q0bwzaw said:
Just started mine on Emerald with Altosid about 10 days ago. They sure seem to like it. I wish we could get it for $22. It cost me $26.95 here.

Freight is a bear where we live.

I was told that it not only imterrupts the life cycle of the flies but that it gives them a systemic protection.

I may have to buy better cows to use the high end product.

I think Cargill has come out with a new mineral, at least in some places; called Cattle Grazier. It is a little less pricey than the Right Now minerals. That is all the info I can give you on it, but if the price of the Right Now mineral is out of your operating window you may want to ask your supplier of the RNow mineral about it. Although history tells me you get what you may for. My experience with Cargill people is that integrity is very important to them, so you should be able to get a good understanding of the differences between products and be able to make a good decision that fits your program. (and before someone makes a comment; no I'm not a Cargill feed rep).

Angus Cowman":252qmktn said:
TexasBred":252qmktn said:
That's a well fortified mineral with ample amounts of vitamins as well. Has some oxides in it which are pretty worthless but also has the organics (zinc methionine complex, copper lysine complex, manganese methionine complex, cobalt glucohepronate, selenium yeast) which are excellent. They're using Zinpro 4-Plex in the mineral which is a great ingredient. Don't see the necessity for the CTC but it won't hurt anything other than adding a little cost to the the product.

Beefcake...if your feedstore has the emerald I'm sure he would order the IGR for you if you asked him. He should be promoting it anyway this time of the year.
TB
we run CTC in our minerals to help fight the fescue toxicity and it does help
If the USDA has it's way there won;t be any CTC in minerals before long

jsramer":24bd0cn2 said:
3waycross":24bd0cn2 said:
Just started mine on Emerald with Altosid about 10 days ago. They sure seem to like it. I wish we could get it for $22. It cost me $26.95 here.

Freight is a bear where we live.

I was told that it not only imterrupts the life cycle of the flies but that it gives them a systemic protection.

I may have to buy better cows to use the high end product.

I think Cargill has come out with a new mineral, at least in some places; called Cattle Grazier. It is a little less pricey than the Right Now minerals. That is all the info I can give you on it, but if the price of the Right Now mineral is out of your operating window you may want to ask your supplier of the RNow mineral about it. Although history tells me you get what you may for. My experience with Cargill people is that integrity is very important to them, so you should be able to get a good understanding of the differences between products and be able to make a good decision that fits your program. (and before someone makes a comment; no I'm not a Cargill feed rep).

lol, oh come on and fess up....The right now mineral is a very good mineral. IGR is IGR no matter what mineral it's in as long as it's included at a rate to do the job properly. One of the things that makes it a bit more expensive is the amino acid complexes contained in it. Whether they are Zinpro or Albion doesn't really matter. Both are great ingredients and well worth the extra charge.
My experience with Cargill people is that integrity is very important to them

With mineral I'd agree with you on this...The guarantees and ingredients don't leave them much leeway.......on their complete feeds??? Integrity went out the window long ago.

With mineral I'd agree with you on this...The guarantees and ingredients don't leave them much leeway.......on their complete feeds??? Integrity went out the window long ago.[/quote]

dont have much experience with complete feeds and them. Just a thought, maybe its more of the difference between texas and missouri. lol

jsramer":9ws65o4l said:
With mineral I'd agree with you on this...The guarantees and ingredients don't leave them much leeway.......on their complete feeds??? Integrity went out the window long ago.

dont have much experience with complete feeds and them. Just a thought, maybe its more of the difference between texas and missouri. lol[/quote]
I've had plenty of experience with their complete feeds and it has nothing to do with the diff. in Texas and Mo. it does have much to do with Cargill (aka Nutrena and Acco)...they invented the least cost formulation. No complaints with their minerals tho...excellent products.

Latest posts