cant make money at this anymore

Help Support CattleToday:

10 ft wide sprayer.... to do 14 ac.....its 550 wide and i forget how long..but just under 15 ac...thats alotta passes...500 gallons on 5 ac with what size tank..most i was able to afford or find was 40-60 gal... thats 100 gal each pass..i couldnt even make a half pass at 10 ft wide and have to refill..seeing the delema? lots of good intentions mentioned yes....but practicality is harder than it looks....if i thoughti could do it with dry fert..id buy a 3 pt spreader and do that..but i havent found anyhting that would do that.

They pay $9 for the eggs because they are feeding the chickens. The cows are tame because they are on about a half acre with no grass and people are handing them food through the fence. I don't have the people living around here to do it. I sell eggs for $2 per dozen. Evidently you don't have enough population either. They have about 5 acres in town. They also grow and sell strawberries. I didn't figure that you were in the right place. I was just impressed that people were paying him to let them feed his cattle and chickens.
yessir..im 35 mi outta town..people out here already doing all that for thier own..lol

10 ft wide sprayer.... to do 14 ac.....its 550 wide and i forget how long..but just under 15 ac...thats alotta passes...500 gallons on 5 ac with what size tank..most i was able to afford or find was 40-60 gal... thats 100 gal each pass..i couldnt even make a half pass at 10 ft wide and have to refill..seeing the delema? lots of good intentions mentioned yes....but practicality is harder than it looks....if i thoughti could do it with dry fert..id buy a 3 pt spreader and do that..but i havent found anyhting that would do that.
No sir. Hopefully I explain this correctly. 14ac with a 10 gpa nozzle set up is 140 gallons of fluid.

140÷60=2.3 tanks
140÷40=3.5 tanks
140÷55=2.5 tanks

You can use a plastis 55g drum and stand them up. You don't have to have a fancy sprayer tank. You could put 2, 55g plastic drums side by side, with a long enough suction line for both. The plastic drums are $20 on the side of the road here.

honestly dont know why i do it...always something...bull died...cpl cows not producing..drought...over run with weeds cuz it never rains and the pasture is bare....herd down to 15 now with 11 calfs on pasture and im feeding all i can..i got 50 ish acres of almost sand and unedible weeds..if i sold all the calfs here in fl i be lucky to get 6000$ hardly enough to carry them thru buying hay and feed..new bull cost me 4500...tax losses are my only reprieve and theyre not getting it done

cannot get anyone local to frtilize or spray weed for me...prices are outrageous but id do it if i could find someone wants to do a small timer..50 ac theyd dont even wanna bother..blackroot is taking over..cant get rid of it..gonna run me outta business crowding the grass out..

i dont ave alot of expenses but hay cost me 45 a roll..i fed 45 rolls..that and a new bull..i had to loan the cows money...thats not working

i cannot imagine how anyone without thousands osfacres can make a buck
The 15 cows...are they registered Beefmaster? or at least purebred? How old are they? The 4 without calves...already weaned them this year, or haven't calved yet? What color and how old are they? Polled or horned?

No sir. Hopefully I explain this correctly. 14ac with a 10 gpa nozzle set up is 140 gallons of fluid.

140÷60=2.3 tanks
140÷40=3.5 tanks
140÷55=2.5 tanks

You can use a plastis 55g drum and stand them up. You don't have to have a fancy sprayer tank. You could put 2, 55g plastic drums side by side, with a long enough suction line for both. The plastic drums are $20 on the side of the road here.
app ates for grazon or weedmaster i think were so high i couldnt figure it out...i mean if this is actually possible id be willing to try it out...

app ates for grazon or weedmaster i think were so high i couldnt figure it out...i mean if this is actually possible id be willing to try it out...
If you've got nothing but dirt and weeds and need to reseed, you need to avoid herbicide with a soil residual. 24d and if you're weeds are hard to kill some remedy mixed in.
Once grass is established grazon or duracor. We've been using duracor for two seasons now and except for ~5 gallon in the shop I'll never spray grazon again.

I spray grazon next all the time like that. Let's say it 2pts/ acre (heavy side). You need 28 pints, 3.5g, and some good surfactant. The difference in price from good surf and cheap surf is very little but can make or break the application

The hardest part with a bought sprayer from like tsc is they don't give all the rates for the nozzles. You have to calculate yourself.

Use a nozzle like this with this pumps and you will have it, even if you use a 55g plastic barrel.

Screenshot_20220429-072954_Office.jpg

You are looking for this chart on what ever nozzle you use. It shows what speed, and what pressure will give you the desired gpa. It will give you a rough idea of how wide your pattern will be also.

give them a call. its toll free.

1(800) 552-1027
Mon.-Fri. (8AM-5PM)
Sat. (9AM-12PM)
Sun. (Closed)
Look I'm trying to help you if want to argue go throw your money away. No skin off my nose.
If you think you are getting enough npk in a 25 pound jug to do anything on 5 acre's you should really do your research . You can buy 30-10-5 liquid for~ 800.00 a ton.
Snake oil is everywhere. I've got a 3 pound piece of ore with 25 pounds of gold in it for sale.

My understanding is there is a lot of water in your "ton" of fertilizer. Its way over my head but when they start doing fert & herb application simultaneously they mess with the water amounts in the fert to get their rates for the herb also.

I think it's like when we use to use acid or kcl at work. It was a tiny amount of acid it to maybe 500 bbl of water. Same with kcl. Couple bags would do a big 500 bbl tank.

If they are selling concentrated fert that may justify the cost?

My understanding is there is a lot of water in your "ton" of fertilizer. Its way over my head but when they start doing fert & herb application simultaneously they mess with the water amounts in the fert to get their rates for the herb also.

I think it's like when we use to use acid or kcl at work. It was a tiny amount of acid it to maybe 500 bbl of water. Same with kcl. Couple bags would do a big 500 bbl tank.

If they are selling concentrated fert that may justify the cost?
The 20-20-20 is a percent. In typical fertilizer application it would be 20-20-20 pounds to the 100. You can't get 60 pounds into a 25 pound package. The TSC type liquid fertilizers it's still a percentage. In this case of 25 pounds.

20-20-20 water soluble fertilizer. 20% N with about half of that being urea. 20% P2O5 phosphoric acid. 20% K2O potash. Same chemistry (elemental and compounds) as "normal" chemical fertilizer. No magic in the chemistry.
5 pounds per acre gives 1 pound of N, 1 pound of P2O5, and 1 pound of K2O. As far as the chemistry, that is the equivalent of applying 5.26 pounds of 19-19-19 regular fertilizer per acre. Water is just the carrier with no more value than a light dew.
I suspect this is intended to be used as a foliar feeding - low concentration applied to the leaves and absorbed. Issue with foliar feeding is that it needs to be done very often.
It does have some good trace elements in it. Product information says, "developed for peat-based cultures (pot plants, bedding plants and container nursery stock)". Made by Peters.

20-20-20 water soluble fertilizer. 20% N with about half of that being urea. 20% P2O5 phosphoric acid. 20% K2O potash. Same chemistry (elemental and compounds) as "normal" chemical fertilizer. No magic in the chemistry.
5 pounds per acre gives 1 pound of N, 1 pound of P2O5, and 1 pound of K2O. As far as the chemistry, that is the equivalent of applying 5.26 pounds of 19-19-19 regular fertilizer per acre. Water is just the carrier with no more value than a light dew.
I suspect this is intended to be used as a foliar feeding - low concentration applied to the leaves and absorbed. Issue with foliar feeding is that it needs to be done very often.
It does have some good trace elements in it. Product information says, "developed for peat-based cultures (pot plants, bedding plants and container nursery stock)". Made by Peters.
I suspect under ideal conditions the grass might get a green flush and stand up for a day or so.

Latest posts