Can't catch a break

Help Support CattleToday:

He's coming home tomorrow! Ramps built and I painted the one in the garage with Skid-Tex, will do the other one later. Grab bars installed tomorrow morning. Got the wheelchair assembled and took it to the hospital so they can adjust it specifically to fit him. Hemi walker should be here either tomorrow or Thursday. Home health starts Thursday, alternating between PT, OT and a nurse every day until they feel he can manage himself but will most likely have to continue PT on an out-patient basis. Follow up with orthopedic surgeon went well and he's making progress, incisions are healing. He's had a rough time, but he's determined. Sleeping and eating have been optional for both of us. I think we've been through the worst but coming home is when it gets real.

And now for our new ride. Ain't she a beaut?!:ROFLMAO: Renting a wheelchair accessible van is ridiculously expensive and not covered by insurance. No way can he get in/out our trucks, but he can in a low rider. 2011 Crown Vic police interceptor for the low, low price of $2,350!! Gotta be honest, cruising the 'hood in the Vic is a humbling, yet entertaining experience. And she can move!!!
IMG_20240408_133101157.jpg

He's coming home tomorrow! Ramps built and I painted the one in the garage with Skid-Tex, will do the other one later. Grab bars installed tomorrow morning. Got the wheelchair assembled and took it to the hospital so they can adjust it specifically to fit him. Hemi walker should be here either tomorrow or Thursday. Home health starts Thursday, alternating between PT, OT and a nurse every day until they feel he can manage himself but will most likely have to continue PT on an out-patient basis. Follow up with orthopedic surgeon went well and he's making progress, incisions are healing. He's had a rough time, but he's determined. Sleeping and eating have been optional for both of us. I think we've been through the worst but coming home is when it gets real.

And now for our new ride. Ain't she a beaut?!:ROFLMAO: Renting a wheelchair accessible van is ridiculously expensive and not covered by insurance. No way can he get in/out our trucks, but he can in a low rider. 2011 Crown Vic police interceptor for the low, low price of $2,350!! Gotta be honest, cruising the 'hood in the Vic is a humbling, yet entertaining experience. And she can move!!!
View attachment 43498
Thanks for the update. I'm sure we were all wondering. Best wishes.

Oh... and nice ride.

View attachment 43498

First time in the front seat of one of them?😂😂

Couldn't help myself, glad he is on the mend. Best of luck to you both.

View attachment 43498
My in-laws had this car in navy. I remember a very smooth ride…like riding a boat in calm seas😂 Don't mean to make light…prayers from🇨🇦 oh and it seems quite patriotic 🇺🇸with those cool stripes. Take care!

First time in the front seat of one of them?😂😂

Couldn't help myself, glad he is on the mend. Best of luck to you both.
Does a ride-along in Junior High count? That was a thing, back in the day. I can't imagine how many people puked, peed and bled all over the back seat - the Vic smells like AZZ. There is not enough air freshener.:ROFLMAO::sick:

My in-laws had this car in navy. I remember a very smooth ride…like riding a boat in calm seas😂 Don't mean to make light…prayers from🇨🇦 oh and it seems quite patriotic 🇺🇸with those cool stripes. Take care!
It is a boat! And it bottoms out on our ranch roads. I especially like the spotlight. He can still go hunting next season; since he won't be able to climb into his blind, he can spotlight from the Vic!:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 43498
I love it!

Is that a bullet hole in the back window?

I love it!

Is that a bullet hole in the back window?
I had to go check because that's a legit question!:ROFLMAO: But no. Blowing up the pic, it's the clasp of a seatbelt. The windshield, however, is cracked with a small divot that could be from a rock or bullet.

Still haven't had time to register & get a plate for the Vic (but it is insured), so a neighbor that recently bought an old Jeep gave me his temporary plate. Is it totally illegal that the temp says "Veteran" and "Jeep"? :unsure:😎

Sounds like something someone from Sand Mtn would do . Spotlighting that is . 😁
Yeah, he's talking about it to his cousin in Pisgah right now. What I'll eventually have to point out to him is I'm still the one that's gonna have to drag & gut the sumbytch! I'm out!

I had to go check because that's a legit question!:ROFLMAO: But no. Blowing up the pic, it's the clasp of a seatbelt. The windshield, however, is cracked with a small divot that could be from a rock or bullet.

Still haven't had time to register & get a plate for the Vic (but it is insured), so a neighbor that recently bought an old Jeep gave me his temporary plate. Is it totally illegal that the temp says "Veteran" and "Jeep"? :unsure:😎
Oh, dang, @cfpinz !!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Kid that works for us part time was detailing the Vic today and found a huge bullet casing in between the seats AND cleaned off residual blood from both the front and back passenger doors. Called a neighbor that's a retired military sniper to identify the bullet, which looks like TMZ and 89 stamped on it. He said 89 was the year but will come over and check out the casing.

And @SmokinM, holy cow! I had no idea you literally can't get out of the backseat unless someone else opens the door from the outside. Keeps the riffraff from bolting. Lordy, I've led a sheltered life.😇:ROFLMAO:

Someone posted above that you are a trooper (I think Silver?). I agree.

Damn, some of the curveballs that life throws at us. They can make our knees buckle at times, and I imagine you've gotten close to that, but you're holding it in fine form.

Sometimes you can let go. We need to be mindful of where we do so, but it's okay to spill your feelings, and even cry out loud.

I pray that God holds your family tight with big arms and sends positive thoughts to your brain as you attempt some sleep.

Oh, dang, @cfpinz !!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Kid that works for us part time was detailing the Vic today and found a huge bullet casing in between the seats AND cleaned off residual blood from both the front and back passenger doors.

A lot of retired public vehicles get sold through auctions. Copart lists any kinds of problems, including chemical or "biohazard" (often blood). I bought a '95 Caprice with low miles that was cheap... and a biohazard car. The engine and trans were fine and that's all I wanted.

And @SmokinM, holy cow! I had no idea you literally can't get out of the backseat unless someone else opens the door from the outside. Keeps the riffraff from bolting. Lordy, I've led a sheltered life.😇:ROFLMAO:
[/QUOTE]

I am a tall guy so I like waiting for the door service, they are always so nice about helping to make sure you duck your head!😂😂

View attachment 43498
The pinstripes are awesome! Glad he's coming home

Latest posts