can anyone tell me what saline cattle are?

Help Support CattleToday:

j&lfarms

Reaction score
I called a guy about renting a bull and all he has right now are limousine and something he called saline. I've never heard of this breed and can't find anything about them on the internet. Im spelling it like it sounds so maybe im spelling it wrong. Anyway if you know anything about salines let me know.

I'm going to assume that's what they are. I'll clear it up whenever I talk to him again. I'm a planner so I like to know what I'm getting into before I start.

Of the three people I talked to when I said saline they immediately knew what I was talking about. I asked them about them and they didn't know much about them. One told me they had smaller birth weights than limos which is what I want. The next time I breed them it will be to my neighbors angus but he didn't recommend him for my heifers. When I talked about them they said saline too, not salorn.

SalersXLimousin?
Somebody told me, once, that that was the 'cow that jumped over the moon'. lol

Nite Hawk":1v1ruei8 said:
warning..
I am sure there are calm saler cattle out there, but I haven't seen too many that I recall...

I don't believe I have ever ran into these calm saler that you speak of. We find the normal ones to be real useful. We use them to teach the elk how to run and jump.

I have cows that fight and I have cows that run away. I've found my salers influenced cows to be a nice combination of the two. They run up and fight before they run away.

Dave":lbj2ttv6 said:
Nite Hawk":lbj2ttv6 said:
warning..
I am sure there are calm saler cattle out there, but I haven't seen too many that I recall...

I don't believe I have ever ran into these calm saler that you speak of. We find the normal ones to be real useful. We use them to teach the elk how to run and jump.
There are more calm Limo cattle here than Salers and I has yet seen a calm saler or a saler cross.

Latest posts