CALF WITH SCOURS AND WHITE DISCHARGE FROM NOSE

Help Support CattleToday:

I would be careful with the eggs and a scouring calf as eggs are almost pure protein and can cause diarrhea because of the amount of protein they contain. Just my thoughts.

I HERD OF AN EGG OR 2 (sorry) and also plain old yogurt for the enzimes good bacteria for the stomache. im surprised no one had any comments about the amoudium tabs and going human with the meds on my calf!!!

thank you to all ill keep everyone updated.

well my little brow swiss is doing great!!!!

went to the auction today and but of course... came home with a black jersey i thought was a stater or at least close to it...and i now have a feeling i own another milk baby oh well, we'll try this again just gave him some electrolights and left him a little grain we'll see if its there tomarrow if not ill start mixing milk. i need to find some heffers.and not from the sale barn.

I've had maybe 50 calves from sale barns over the years - my course of action has always been 2 days of colostrum, then Dairy Maid milk replacer twice daily, and Entrolyte H.E. (Southern States) twice daily for 2 wks., then just the milk replacer - I've only lost 2 calves. Seems to work. Had a few get the white snotty discharge - I stayed the same course with all of them, they did fine. Sometimes putting too much medication in them is just as bad and none at all. Even if they had scours, I still gave them the milk replacer along with the electolytes solution, scours usually gone before 2 wks were up.