Calf issues...

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Seems like this year has started rough, lost the first calf. My fault probably for not culling the cow last year not the best udder. Another cow her calf seemed weak and I started supplementing it and seems to be improving. Saw one born Sunday afternoon and I gave it colostrum to be sure it got some, thought all was well until this afternoon. Noticed his eyes were red and cloudy, seems to have a hard time finding the teat. Acts like a dummy. This has me wondering if something is going on in my herd of what. I got a message in to my vet just asking for ideas.

Seems like this year has started rough, lost the first calf. My fault probably for not culling the cow last year not the best udder. Another cow her calf seemed weak and I started supplementing it and seems to be improving. Saw one born Sunday afternoon and I gave it colostrum to be sure it got some, thought all was well until this afternoon. Noticed his eyes were red and cloudy, seems to have a hard time finding the teat. Acts like a dummy. This has me wondering if something is going on in my herd of what. I got a message in to my vet just asking for ideas.

Any luck with the vet?

Noticed another calf weak today and one eye is cloudy. any ideas? Vet basically said if one dies need to get it tested.

Latest posts