Calf auction 2014

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Here's our calves going through the ring this year... I should have stopped recording before that little white face heifer came through :hide:

[youtube]yHXkH-8ya5s[/youtube]

I was,.. but I said it before, she was so ugly she was cute. I'll say her mother better perform a little better next year, 230 lbs in 6 months isn't much to brag about... I think she had some digestive issues as well... Roma better shape up though or I'll have to ship her, which would be too bad, she's a wonderful cow to be around.. She could make someone a good yard ornament though

Good sale on the bigger calves but they stole the RWF calf , here in AB them small calves are way over $3.00 .There have been a lot of buyers fighting over them . Kind of fun to watch !!

There was another tiny heifer that went though before mine... she went for just over a buck, so I was still happy to end up with what I got for her.. Hey, she brought more than our best steers did 8 years ago

hehe, he complements them all :) However, finally, after about 23 years of going to this same barn, we're starting to get known, and the buyers seem to like our stock.

The full brother of the steer I kept last year was in the second set of steers, and probably the heavier one of them.. he was nicely built, regretted seeing him go, but decided to keep a really big one over this year

its the only one I've seen, so I guess I've been spoiled? I was just glad my calves didn't crap all over each other (especially the little heifer) on the 5 hour trip over there... I took their salt away and was feeding them hay for a while beforehand to constipate them a bit,.. makes them look more presentable in the ring :).. Guess it keeps the ring cleaner too lol

Latest posts