BYERGO BLACK MAGIC 3348 Fruad?

Help Support CattleToday:

Sounds like you have a well thought out, managed & successful operation. :tiphat:
You definitely got my attention when you mentioned the fall calvers were RA. ;-)
ROTFL...I'll bite...what's your definition of critically old?

76 Bar":vsugosgv said:
Sounds like you have a well thought out, managed & successful operation. :tiphat:
You definitely got my attention when you mentioned the fall calvers were RA. ;-)
ROTFL...I'll bite...what's your definition of critically old?

They need dentures. A few are in the 8-10 year range though... just extremely skinny and all these are crossbreeds of about everything out there. We just grabbed them up about 4 months ago. They're out on stalks and we're supplementing them with wet distillers.

NEFarmwife":2upo99al said:
Well, Black Magics heifer pregnancy sold for 65K last night at the opening of the NWSS Angus Bull sale.
And that means _____ beyond motion, commotion and promotion? Did you see the check? Sometimes it is better to be on guard against the efforts of some whose sole efforts are to impress themselves.

I can't see that bull producing females that would be efficient. They may grow but imo they would require a lot of feed

Hogtiming said:
I can't see that bull producing females that would be efficient. They may grow but imo they would require a lot of feed

I have a Titus daughter, she didn't lose any efficiency at all. Take a look at her EPD's

http://bit.ly/2T3jjb7

************* said:
bse said:
didn't read this thread, hope no one used him on heifers

It appears Black Magic is now sexed, in which case I would have no problem using him on heifers.
[/quote

with a -1 CED and 3.6 BW? 7 or higher doesn't bother me for a heifer a -1, I wouldn't sleep

bse said:
************* said:
bse said:
didn't read this thread, hope no one used him on heifers

It appears Black Magic is now sexed, in which case I would have no problem using him on heifers.
[/quote

with a -1 CED and 3.6 BW? 7 or higher doesn't bother me for a heifer a -1, I wouldn't sleep

The possibility of dystocia is greatly reduced, in my opinion, by using sexed semen on heifers. A female calf is not overly difficult for a heifer, a big bull calf is obviously a different story.

************* said:
Hogtiming said:

I have a Titus daughter, she didn't lose any efficiency at all. Take a look at her EPD's

Epds look good. But at the end of the day they are just a bunch of numbers. Still do not think black magic females would be efficient. But would all do well in the feedyard including the milking females

************* said:
Hogtiming said:

At .05 proven those EPD will change drastically and don't really mean diddly squat.. One might have as much accuracy guessing EPDs. For instance Connealy Capitalist at his 2018 proof only had 54%reliability for both DMI and RADG so a 50 50 wither or not the resulting progeny will be what the paper says.

frieghttrain said:
************* said:
Hogtiming said:

At .05 proven those EPD will change drastically and don't really mean diddly squat.. One might have as much accuracy guessing EPDs. For instance Connealy Capitalist at his 2018 proof only had 54%reliability for both DMI and RADG so a 50 50 wither or not the resulting progeny will be what the paper says.

Only time will tell.

************* said:
bse said:
************* said:
[/quote

The possibility of dystocia is greatly reduced, in my opinion, by using sexed semen on heifers. A female calf is not overly difficult for a heifer, a big bull calf is obviously a different story.

I think everybody should do what there comfortable with. Sexed semen is no guarantee of a heifer!! I'm not willing to chance that, was gonna try and buy a payweight heifer, she's bred to him, I'm out.
My chains are rusty and I want to keep them that way.
If I liked the bull(I dont) I'd use him on mature cows.

I know this is an old thread isn't Black Magic's grand sire BT Crossover a very large bull?

Latest posts