BYERGO BLACK MAGIC 3348 Fruad?

Help Support CattleToday:

LCBulls":35b5xge9 said:
We bred our best to President

Trust me, and I have no incentive to say otherwise, you will be very pleased with those future SAV President calves. Here is one of President sons at 43 days old. He is gaining fast and looks better each and every day. I have 4 in total, 2 females, 2 males, with more on the way. I definitely will be breeding to him heavily moving forward.

*************":1si3sg57 said:
LCBulls":1si3sg57 said:
We bred our best to President

Trust me, and I have no incentive to say otherwise, you will be very pleased with those future SAV President calves. Here is one of President sons at 43 days old. He is gaining fast and looks better each and every day. I have 4 in total, 2 females, 2 males, with more on the way. I definitely will be breeding to him heavily moving forward.

He's gonna be thicccc

Here is a recent sale, 12/15/18 of a Byergo Titus 6340 daughter as per AAA. $28k! Not too shabby! Another Titus daughter sold that same day for $25k.

Yes registered angus. Final answer daughters (cows) I have 15 right now. I was gonna use BM for 3-5 cows , and maybe Resource or President on the rest. Also 10 heifers that I cant decide which bull to use. I don't know if I would keep any BM calves. If he is as tall as I have read , I will sell them all.

While I'm using President and Raindance heavily, I have bred some heifers lately to SydGen Enhance and Bar R Jet Black. You may want to check them out. Haven't bred too many to the two above, just a few, wanted to see how they turn out. Curious...I think Byergo Titus sons will be easy to sell. I would keep his daughters.

Have you had and calves out of Enhance or Jet balck yet? Jet Black is on back order. I am going to use either Byergo BM , Titus , or Boomer on 5 of my mature cows.

Richnm":3oivwlut said:
Have you had and calves out of Enhance or Jet balck yet? Jet Black is on back order. I am going to use either Byergo BM , Titus , or Boomer on 5 of my mature cows.

After speaking with Bryson Byergo, Titus would be my choice of the three. He did say good things as well about Boomer, but I felt he was most focused on Titus, just my opinion.

I find it interesting that this site edited a post of mine that referred to a bulls rear end using the three letter a word that really doesn't qualify as profanity after the first grade but seems to be ok with a blatant accusation like the title and original post here. Seems pretty slanderous.

So you don't think that title along with your post is speaking to the honesty and credibility of a program? Do you really think that question mark makes it ok?

Are we not allowed to question ? There are plenty of post on here about SAV not doing genomic testing. Isn't that also questioning the honesty and credibility of a program ?

Cdcollett":1aa9rh0z said:
I find it interesting that this site edited a post of mine that referred to a bulls rear end using the three letter a word that really doesn't qualify as profanity after the first grade but seems to be ok with a blatant accusation like the title and original post here. Seems pretty slanderous.

Exactly!!! Byergo Angus is NOT a fraud. It's very easy for someone to get on these boards and trash an operation with lies, and do real damage. I saw someone on this site also spread rumors about an operation that we have been working with for nearly 50 years. They have an excellent reputation, and great cattle, ask anyone who deals with them, yet a few comments on here and suddenly it makes people question a ranch's integrity based on complete lies and nonsense. I feel that there are a lot of serious people here who sincerely want to learn more about the cattle business, get the pulse of things, and trade photos and stories of their hard work and efforts, but unfortunately, there are a few that want to tear down things instead. Makes me seriously consider remaining on these forums, and sharing information.

People questions breeders/farms/bulls/A.I. companies et al, but fraud is a crime. Much different, especially with no evidence. It absolutely is possible for a breeder to focus on increasing frame (or some other quality) and after a few generations produce something different than the breed type. I know that with dogs I have heard it described this way: There is as much variety/diversity within a breed as there is between breeds. If you look and Wye Angus and Duff Angus they seem to have NOT chased the trends of focusing on WW and YW growth with high $EN numbers. Does that make their herds "frauds"? Without any evidence "Fraud" is libelous and I would delete that post and apologize (for a poor choice of words) if it were mine. I don't know any newspaper that would allow you to use your title as a headline. A newspaper would NOT allow you to have a headline "Is Dr. Smith (or Jones) a Fraud?" The best thing about living in America is that you don't have to breed to bulls you don't like.

If you spend a little more time on this board, you will figure out the posters you want to take advice from and those that you may want to ignore or take with a little grain of salt. Most mean well, just some express their opinions a bit strong or over the top. I may be considered one of them - I tend to tell it as I see it and don't know how to flower up an answer LOL

Theoretically it would be easy to add another breeds influence and evade detection. Breed registered Angus/Bull cow #A to a Simmental, lie about sire or dam and have it registered as an Angus that would be cow/bull #B. Then breed #B back to an Angus. DNA doesn't go back to grandparents etc., not every cow/bulls DNA is on file

Richnm":2d4zktai said:
Theoretically it would be easy to add another breeds influence and evade detection. Breed registered Angus/Bull cow #A to a Simmental, lie about sire or dam and have it registered as an Angus that would be cow/bull #B. Then breed #B back to an Angus. DNA doesn't go back to grandparents etc., not every cow/bulls DNA is on file

We have a 2040 pound registered Angus cow. she is from a Basin blood, and the Queen Mother cow family on down her dam's line. She was bred to McCumber Unmistakable 524. The result.....a bull that is stout, soggy, and closely resembles OCC Unmistakable except this guy is super thick for his age. He doesn't resemble other bulls like Rampage or TenX, but does that make him a fraud? Does it make OCC a fraud, or McCumber, or Basin? We have big dams, most are 1700 pounds plus, but that didn't happen overnight. On our operation, smaller females were culled, and the larger bulls were used for 4 decades on our herd, with little to no replacement heifers ever being purchased. Over time that resulted in bigger and bigger cows.

What you said, in fact, could happen with a registration, and probably has, but just because a bull is big or his hair is curly, etc, doesn't necessarily mean that he was bred to another breed. I.e. we have a son out of a Crook Mt. Black Cedar 3870 bull and a Joy Erica cow, this son looks like he had a perm, curls everywhere, but I feel highly confident on his pedigree.

Genetic combinations are so numerous that it is very possible to have some outliers that do not look like the "average" Angus bull.

I will say this, however, I think it should be mandatory that every registered animal in the Angus Association should be DNA tested using Angus Source or HD50k going forward, including parentage. Too many people can say "I AI'd those 30 heifers to Hoover Dam, and then market them as such, when in fact maybe 20% or less actually settled, and more like 80% are from the cleanup bull, of inferior quality. If you say "This animal is from XYX sire and dam", then prove it! We have multiple generations on our operation DNA tested, the entire herd in fact, and when we say an animal is from a certain sire and dam, it's a fact, not a hunch. I told somebody the other day, it's like the difference between a real Rolex and a fake one bought out of a briefcase on a street corner. As much as one would like to go on trust these days, you really can't do that anymore, you need actual certification that you have the real item and not a cheap imitation.

Latest posts