Bull with an attitude

Help Support CattleToday:

Scotty":ngn3w7wa said:
Take him to another salebarn that might bring higher prices. I am able to og to two real close and they are day and night different. Give them the same warning.

Scotty
Hell with it
Bring him to the next sale. Don't wait for the higher prices. This could be a KILLER SOB. This guy ought not be raising cattle nohow.

The next one would be the one I was talking about. Whatever. Heres a good question reserved for our GURUS. Be honest. How many people have, that you know of personally or otherwise, been killed. Not including the rodeo industry? Mabey he shouldn't be raising cattle. I don't know for sure since I don't know the man. This could be one of those alter egos talked about on another board. This could be some dumb @$$ that doesn't know his butt from Adam. Friday I was treating a calf that got sick. Mom wass next door. If she could have she would have killed me. This is one of the calmest cows I have. Just prevoked. ;-)

Scotty

Scotty":14bka309 said:
The next one would be the one I was talking about. Whatever. Heres a good question reserved for our GURUS. Be honest. How many people have, that you know of personally or otherwise, been killed. Not including the rodeo industry? Mabey he shouldn't be raising cattle. I don't know for sure since I don't know the man. This could be one of those alter egos talked about on another board. This could be some dumb @$$ that doesn't know his butt from Adam. Friday I was treating a calf that got sick. Mom wass next door. If she could have she would have killed me. This is one of the calmest cows I have. Just prevoked. ;-)

Scotty

Known several to end up with broke bones, and one was killed by a horned Hereford. Meanest bull I ever dealt with was a Brangus jerked a horse down I was own and tried to eat both of us alive.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Frenchie :?: but even I know better than to try taming one that comes with a warning

There's a big difference between a quiet one from birth and one that has temperment issues like the Brangus apparently has.

TheBullLady":ihpw9v65 said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence Frenchie :?: but even I know better than to try taming one that comes with a warning

There's a big difference between a quiet one from birth and one that has temperment issues like the Brangus apparently has.

I just thought seeing as you have away with animals, in particular bulls.you could give him a few pointers. :)

Rod,

I raise bucking bulls...So I do know a thing or 2 about hot cattle. My cows are worse than my bulls most of the time because they dont get handled as much. From experience if you have one that is hot and want to calm it down some it can be done with time. I get in cows that are bred to the hilt and very good producers that are hotter than heck. I turn them out with rest and hand feed them everyday, even a small amount in summer to keep them coming up. Make sure to overdo anything you do, make noise, talk out loud, whistle, whatever to make noise and settle him where he does'nt pay it much attention. It can take a while but it can be done. It depends on if you like him that much.

Also though, like someone said before, he can also pass it on, I know this because I breed for the trate myself. I also see you are from NW Arkansas? There are a lot of rodeo stock contractors around there. I dont like a brangus bull much myself, but if they are made right they can be good sometimes. Might want to give one a call and see what happens instead of taking him to killer and getting $700 for him tearing up everything. He might be worth a bunch, never know, he sounds like he ahs the attitude anyway. ;-)

Someone was telling me to go in each day and feed him sweet feed to get him use to me.

And what mean thing did you ever do to the person who gave you that advice? As others have mentioned, this is a very, very dangerous animal. With his history you will never be able to trust him - NEVER.

Has it occurred to you disposition is an inherited trait? I've known more than one farmer who has kept calves out of a bull with a known bad disposition and not a one of them was happy in the long run. All of those calves wound up growing wheels.

My advice is not to breed to this bull. Butcher him on the property or take him to the sale barn IF you can get him there without injury to any humans.

Well Scotty, I am not a Guru, or even close, but I wanted to answer your question anyway....I personally knew two men killed by a bad bull. A jersey bull hey had just gotten, even knowing that they were dealing with a bad bull, he got them both anyway.

I ersoanlly only now one that was killed by his "pet" bull. Nobody knows for sure what happened. When his wife got home the feed bucket was in the pen along with a severly smashed owner.

dun

Rod you mad a mistake buying that bull...you already admitted that. Now it looks like you madea mistake posting about it...youre taking lots of heat and abuse for it. Send me a PM if you need some help with your problem.....its real easy for all of us to tell you to get rid of him...but first you gotta catch him again. If you want to Pm me Ill try real hard not to talk down to you any more :D

tapeworm":scf02mmn said:
Rod you mad a mistake buying that bull...you already admitted that. Now it looks like you madea mistake posting about it...youre taking lots of heat and abuse for it. Send me a PM if you need some help with your problem.....its real easy for all of us to tell you to get rid of him...but first you gotta catch him again. If you want to Pm me Ill try real hard not to talk down to you any more :D

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Find a rodeo stock contractor and sell it to them. Get them to catch him up and load him too. They'll probably have to put three or four horses and ropes on him for 1900 lbs. They could use a tranq but with his size they'd never drag him into the trailer.

whatever you do make sure to sell tickets ahead of time it will help pay for repairs vet bills and medical or funeral expenses

Two weeks ago, I was helping my brother run his calves through the chute. One bull calf decided to line up on me from about 60 feet away, I stood my ground right to the last moment when it was clear that he wasn't going to stop. He was only about 600 lbs but I'm pretty sure that it would've hurt anyway. My brother tried to go get him and when he charged the 2nd time he hit across the head with a pipe. The next morning it was dead from the pipe? or possibly just stress. Oddly enough the bull it was off of lined up on me exactly the same way about 5 years ago. Why would you want to breed that into your herd. You'll be dealing with it in every calf or cow you keep off that bull.

Bad boy Bull ?? who needs the extra risk. even a calm bull will have a bad day. I have been pinned to the barn wall from a puppy dog friendly bull who thought I was not getting his grain to him fast enough for his liking.
you could walk up to him and scratch his ears any time but food time. so why would you want to take the risk???

:?: :?: :cboy:

Post a picture of that bad boy brangus. Id like to see a brangus bull of that size. I have no comments on your decision to buy a devil bull, but dont you just love it when your at the cattle market and those wild bulls come running into the ring, and the guys are hollering "watch this one". I think its pretty exciting.

dun":11r2dpo4 said:
I ersoanlly only now one that was killed by his "pet" bull. Nobody knows for sure what happened. When his wife got home the feed bucket was in the pen along with a severly smashed owner.

dun

Maybe I have just been lucky, good, fortunate. The worst that has happend to me is a head butt when nose tongs came off a calf I was dehornign.(the main reson for going to Angus bulls). Got to be carefull.

Scotty

CopeMan":m59w2frx said:
Post a picture of that bad boy brangus. Id like to see a brangus bull of that size. I have no comments on your decision to buy a devil bull, but dont you just love it when your at the cattle market and those wild bulls come running into the ring, and the guys are hollering "watch this one". I think its pretty exciting.

So exciting the only thing I can think of is shooting the dang thing.

Latest posts