An unusual sight

Help Support CattleToday:

It is no
Thankfully no bears around here, so I'm intrigued. How is it possible for a bear that size to climb that tall, yet relatively skinny tree? Holy cow! Or bear. Whatever. Did it eventually get down? I mean, without a bullet?

It is no longer up in that tree and I did not help it down so I have to assume it came down under its own power.

Maybe he was getting away from the Grizzly that was watching you while you were watching the black bear?
I considered that actually. But he is only about 100 feet outside the fence where the pairs are. I'm wondering if he got chased out of the pasture but didn't realize the fence was protecting him. To be honest there's cows out there I would not want to get caught threatening their calves lol

Looks maybe 225-250ish pounds? Always a little hard to tell in a pic. They are always fun to watch.

I considered that actually. But he is only about 100 feet outside the fence where the pairs are. I'm wondering if he got chased out of the pasture but didn't realize the fence was protecting him. To be honest there's cows out there I would not want to get caught threatening their calves lol
Yup, end up as a bear sandwich
article-1319852-0B941118000005DC-571_634x336.jpgarticle-1319852-0B9410C4000005DC-983_634x390.jpg