An article to make Branded sweat

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
************* said:
LOL! I have heifers that I'm getting ready to breed next month that are 1200 pounds open.

Since we are bragging, my heifers were 1100 lbs at breeding time. Only 4 lbs grain for 120 days. But mine will mature at less than 1500 lbs. Which means they have achieved about 75% of their growth in the first year. Looks like you have a ways to go to reach that level, and I think you're in the wrong breed to accomplish that.

Silver said:
************* said:
LOL! I have heifers that I'm getting ready to breed next month that are 1200 pounds open.

Since we are bragging, my heifers were 1100 lbs at breeding time. Only 4 lbs grain for 120 days. But mine will mature at less than 1500 lbs. Which means they have achieved about 75% of their growth in the first year. Looks like you have a ways to go to reach that level, and I think you're in the wrong breed to accomplish that.

Good job,

Only time will tell if I'm screwing up.

If this is doing things wrong, I'm going to keep doing it wrong for the foreseeable future.

[image]326[/image]

That's her first calf, and the calf is only two days old.

************* said:
Nesikep said:
************* said:
He is, and for the most part President is as well, but Mr. Herbster told me "don't use America on heifers!"
with the size of your heifers I wouldn't worry about it.. maybe don't breed him to an 800 lb heifer though

That's what I thought as well, but he was adamant. He looks out for people that work with his sires, and gives his honest opinion, I think he was concerned that America could screw up a nice heifer, and he didn't want to see that happen.

wondering why you would use Black Magic with a ced of 1, bw 4.5 on heifers and not America with 6 ced and 1.9 bw..
just asking maybe your Mr Herbster knows something the epds arent showing? Legit question real curious

Small cows , small wallets , small feed , small scrotals. Stop making excuses , if you fed your cows like your wife .....

Richnm said:
Small cows , small wallets , small feed , small scrotals. Stop making excuses , if you fed your cows like your wife .....

Richmn.....

My CT hero! Haha!

Hey Rich, should I buy a 2020 Peterbilt so that I can come out a personally pick up some high quality Alfalfa?

I have a feeling my America calves are gonna have a big appetite.

bse said:
************* said:
Nesikep said:
with the size of your heifers I wouldn't worry about it.. maybe don't breed him to an 800 lb heifer though

That's what I thought as well, but he was adamant. He looks out for people that work with his sires, and gives his honest opinion, I think he was concerned that America could screw up a nice heifer, and he didn't want to see that happen.

wondering why you would use Black Magic with a ced of 1, bw 4.5 on heifers and not America with 6 ced and 1.9 bw..
just asking maybe your Mr Herbster knows something the epds arent showing? Legit question real curious

Excellent question, especially for someone who touts EPD's.

************* said:
Richnm said:

Branded! Bring your John Deere and we can bale it! I am going to cut alfalfa this week , I just put up 300 tons of triticale . Here's a couple pics. The triticale makes them super fat! Here is a pic of a 1 year old SAV Renown Heifer. Thats probably to "fat for her age." https://postimg.cc/gallery/iepcs5t6/

If Mr. Herbster told me to breed a horse to my cows , I would do it. He is far "rich"er than me or anyone else on this forum. The end goal is money, the trash talk is just jealously.

Richnm said:
If Mr. Herbster told me to breed a horse to my cows , I would do it. He is far "rich"er than me or anyone else on this forum. The end goal is money, the trash talk is just jealously.

That's how I see it...EXACTLY!

************* said:
Richnm said:

That's how I see it...EXACTLY!

Now i wonder why he has so much money, i just can't figure it out......

Richnm said:
************* said:
Richnm said:

Branded! Bring your John Deere and we can bale it! I am going to cut alfalfa this week , I just put up 300 tons of triticale . Here's a couple pics. The triticale makes them super fat! Here is a pic of a 1 year old SAV Renown Heifer. Thats probably to "fat for her age." https://postimg.cc/gallery/iepcs5t6/

Looking good Rich. Breed her to President.

She's going to be a huge cow.

The triticale is gaining popularity, and I can see why.

I know who I'm calling for advice on hay.

Richnm said:

Seriously?!?! You could not construct a better statement to prove your ignorance....

Boot Jack Bulls said:
Richnm said:

Seriously?!?! You could not construct a better statement to prove your ignorance....

Rich could go with any bull Mr. Herbster owns and still produce a calf that would outshine 98% of the cattle in the United States.

I don't consider his statement ignorant at all.

It's like the difference in going to Mayo Clinic versus the hometown hospital.

Or Harvard versus community college.

Some things in life are a no brainer.

************* said:
Boot Jack Bulls said:
Richnm said:

Rich could go with any bull Mr. Herbster owns and still produce a calf that would outshine 98% of the cattle in the United States.

His ignorance is demonstrated by his presumptuous attitude in regards to the wealth of various members of this board! Again, I couldn't care less what kind of cattle he breeds, or that you breed for that matter. They hold no appeal for me. What I can't quite wrap my head around at this point is why the mods let the rediculous behavior on some of these threads continue.... :shock:

I feel sorry for folks that can't think for themselves, and don't have any common sense. You don't need money to breed good cattle, and money sure can't buy cow sense.

If Herbster is so smart and such a great cattle breeder why does he need to go to SAV to buy his next great bull? I bet ole Herbster didn't make all that money he has breeding cattle. Just like Bob Funk didn't make his breeding cattle.

Red Bull Breeder said:
If Herbster is so smart and such a great cattle breeder why does he need to go to SAV to buy his next great bull? I bet ole Herbster didn't make all that money he has breeding cattle. Just like Bob Funk didn't make his breeding cattle.

Now that is a good question.

Branded, thanks for posting those. I am still learning how to apply the numbers I see to a real world animal, within the limitations of the system. So it helps to see something that's on one end of the spectrum, and what that means numberwise.

Red Bull Breeder said:
Hey, watch out, you're starting to tread on the AAA big names! :lol:

Ebenezer said:
Red Bull Breeder said:
Hey, watch out, you're starting to tread on the AAA big names! :lol:

Doubt they feel a hoof print.

Boot Jack Bulls said:
************* said:
Boot Jack Bulls said:

His ignorance is demonstrated by his presumptuous attitude in regards to the wealth of various members of this board! Again, I couldn't care less what kind of cattle he breeds, or that you breed for that matter. They hold no appeal for me. What I can't quite wrap my head around at this point is why the mods let the rediculous behavior on some of these threads continue.... :shock:

Yet you think " slurp" comments, "on your knees for favors" comments, or even "****, you are NOTHING in the cattle business" comments are perfectly fine, you must, you never call them out, do you?

That's pure ignorance, not Rich expressing why he chose to work with Mr, Herbster

I thought you were above the bottom dwelling crowd, but you seem to have no issues with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts