Patching an automatic waterer

Help Support CattleToday:

Since I was out back yesterday and took 2 quick pics of it...The swimming pool stuff at work. I'm not really hawking this stuff and not sure it will work on what yall are talking about either but here it is. The patch in the 1st picture has been there since late June 2022. The other only since last Spring.

KIMG0481[1317].jpg

KIMG0482[1316].jpg

I wonder if that flex seal stuff on TV would work?

Didn't work on my cracked fiberglass swimming pool steps. They're slightly textured (nonslip) and I never could get it to stick. The commercials show the guy just sticking it on and presto! it's instantly sealed, but the instructions on the tape are a lot different. Plainly states that pressure applied to the tape and how long it's applied are instrumental in getting a good seal and that the surface needs to be smooth..

IMO, it sticks to itself and your fingers better than anything else.
your results may vary.....
I have tried it on other things like water buckets and water hoses and was not impressed.
Bypass the flex seal and buy a bucket of roof tar. I may have actually answered my own question with this post.

BLACKJACK! (it will likely work but there will always be a little oily sheen on the water. I doubt it will hurt. One of the old 'natural' cure alls was a little turpentine.)

Latest posts