Bull prospect

Help Support CattleToday:

Na , the results wouldn't matter anyway.
Science and research don't matter only thing that matters is my opinion or what I identify as.
No sense in letting science get in the way of opinion, much easier to jump up and down and say it is what I say it is and offer no hard science or research to back up my opinion. Offer no reasonable alternative or willingness to debate . Just jump up and down and say it is because I say it is.🙄🤥

Na , the results wouldn't matter anyway.
Science and research don't matter only thing that matters is my opinion or what I identify as.
No sense in letting science get in the way of opinion, much easier to jump up and down and say it is what I say it is and offer no hard science or research to back up my opinion. Offer no reasonable alternative or willingness to debate . Just jump up and down and say it is because I say it is.🙄🤥
Have you noticed a theme to your forum interactions?

You come in strong, people with education and experience try to have a discussion with you, offering what they know, and you cut them off at the ankles as though everything you think is perfect and nothing they know has any validity. And in the end you claim "science" because you use links to internet information that conforms to your own bias... and discount others that offer real world information. I think you believe everything you think and go out of your way to find sources for your beliefs. An "internet expert" that hasn't really thought through the logic involved in many cases, and won't because you are invested in being right.

And it's not that you're wrong, at least sometimes... it's just that you refuse to consider and think before leaping to a defense.

Have you noticed a theme to your forum interactions?

You come in strong, people with education and experience try to have a discussion with you, offering what they know, and you cut them off at the ankles as though everything you think is perfect and nothing they know has any validity. And in the end you claim "science" because you use links to internet information that conforms to your own bias... and discount others that offer real world information. I think you believe everything you think and go out of your way to find sources for your beliefs. An "internet expert" that hasn't really thought through the logic involved in many cases, and won't because you are invested in being right.

And it's not that you're wrong, at least sometimes... it's just that you refuse to consider and think before leaping to a defense.
There is a magic little ignore button on this forum maybe you should use it.
I post links with sources because I get tired of the "prove it " prove it " posts every time I don't,
Don't like my opinion or can't actually have a debate where you actually use a scientific basis and can provide research that backs up your claims then use the ignore button or at very least stop replying to ever post I make. Go play your gotcha game else where.
It's to bad that you let your personal opinion about how I post to actually prevents you from learning some different research or points of view that you hadn't thought of . But go a head and continue to attack me . It's much easier to attack someone then admit your opinion may have some lack of scientific basis. If you are only on this forum to hold hands and sing kumbia then do so and use the ignore button.

I'll agree with @BFE and @chaded id like to see more of that bull.
There's a fine art to cattle breeding, in that you have to know what you're doing and have a goal in mind, but I sure don't have any interest in trying to turn it into rocket science.
How do the cattle in the animal's background look and perform? How do the progeny perform? Do they work in your environment and management? To me those are the main questions.
I ain't a college educated scholarly type so I don't go in to EPD's, IBC's and research studies with a lot of big fancy words.

I'll agree with @BFE and @chaded id like to see more of that bull.
There's a fine art to cattle breeding, in that you have to know what you're doing and have a goal in mind, but I sure don't have any interest in trying to turn it into rocket science.
How do the cattle in the animal's background look and perform? How do the progeny perform? Do they work in your environment and management? To me those are the main questions.
I ain't a college educated scholarly type so I don't go in to EPD's, IBC's and research studies with a lot of big fancy words.
I'm with you, it's over my head and below my knees.

There is a magic little ignore button on this forum maybe you should use it.
I post links with sources because I get tired of the "prove it " prove it " posts every time I don't,
Don't like my opinion or can't actually have a debate where you actually use a scientific basis and can provide research that backs up your claims then use the ignore button or at very least stop replying to ever post I make. Go play your gotcha game else where.
It's to bad that you let your personal opinion about how I post to actually prevents you from learning some different research or points of view that you hadn't thought of . But go a head and continue to attack me . It's much easier to attack someone then admit your opinion may have some lack of scientific basis. If you are only on this forum to hold hands and sing kumbia then do so and use the ignore button.
Has it ever occurred to you that experts in any field don't post links because they understand the subjects they are conversant in and can speak to the logic and nuance involved? On the other hand "internet experts" need support because they don't have the background necessary to understand the subject so they can explain it without being backed up by cherry picked information.

And I find your posts entertaining, so why would I block you? You actually use some good information and have "some" interesting perceptions... but are set in concrete and can't be informed. If someone tries, you just double down as though under attack, and become intransigent. I swear you would argue with someone about any kind of correction to any part of a post you make. If you said something was burgundy and someone else said it was maroon, you'd take it personally and never consider that you might learn something if you only took the time to think. Rote learning is great, but it demands some thought before full understanding.

Cowgirl8 said about this bull calf in her first post " Simbra influence" "dam is Simbra/Angus" "might be some long distant inbreeding". So the calf is Simmintal-Brahma-Angus. He's a good looking home bred outcross selected for generations for phenotype. Why even argue about inbreeding?

Cowgirl8 said about this bull calf in her first post " Simbra influence" "dam is Simbra/Angus" "might be some long distant inbreeding". So the calf is Simmintal-Brahma-Angus. He's a good looking home bred outcross selected for generations for phenotype. Why even argue about inbreeding?
Because if we don't argue about something then some of the people on here won't get a chance to be an a$$ to make themselves feel better.

I understand responding negatively to being prodded a certain way or called certain things or questioned beyond reason, but I genuinely do not understand why some people on here respond negatively to everything and just seem to be frothing at the bit to lay into folks. What kind of jackazz wakes up with nothing much else to look forward to than getting up to meanness on an internet forum?

Seems like some folks might be heavily invested in selling expensive pedigree stock.
No, ma'am, I think it's much simpler than that. I think what it all boils down to, despite cattle being raised in all 50 states in this nation alone along with several other countries represented on here, some people will only accept their own beliefs, research and experiences as being valid and anybody who disagrees isn't just a person that disagrees; they twist them into some kind of enemy.

Because if we don't argue about something then some of the people on here won't get a chance to be an a$$ to make themselves feel better.

I understand responding negatively to being prodded a certain way or called certain things or questioned beyond reason, but I genuinely do not understand why some people on here respond negatively to everything and just seem to be frothing at the bit to lay into folks. What kind of jackazz wakes up with nothing much else to look forward to than getting up to meanness on an internet forum?
1687024951950.jpeg

Meanwhile.....................lol................... Winds in the storms that went by demolished out internet. We lost a massive oak and half of an oak in our yard. Luckily, nothing was parked under than except for our internet wires and a Valmet tree cutter, which, was able to take a direct hit of this tree. Internet no so much. Dealing with very slow internet via our phones, i've been out of service for a bit. But, getting things done since i'm not sitting at my computer. 1687027105229.png

Slllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww internet... and i'm a button pusher. Those two things dont mix, duplicate post removed. Will get pictures of bull later, but in this line of bulls, this is how they like to pose...lol]
And to anyone who doesnt understand this burying of my post, search my post to years ago and you'll see the few guys left from that time, they did it back then too..... something about me just gets under their skin.

Last edited:
Meanwhile.....................lol................... Winds in the storms that went by demolished out internet. We lost a massive oak and half of an oak in our yard. Luckily, nothing was parked under than except for our internet wires and a Valmet tree cutter, which, was able to take a direct hit of this tree. Internet no so much. Dealing with very slow internet via our phones, i've been out of service for a bit. But, getting things done since i'm not sitting at my computer. View attachment 31345
Looks like you have some clean up and repairs to make. I haven't fully checked things after the wind last night, 70 plus gusts here with some higher in other areas. Sucks when your setting and listening to it blowing knowing something is getting torn up somewhere.

Latest posts