Bull or Steer

Help Support CattleToday:

You're a sad person Scroote. Does it make you feel manly to pick on a 90 yr old (Doc Harris) who if nothing else simply tries to help folks on here. He contributes more positive stuff in one post that you do in the whole time you have been here. Doc by his own admission has no cattle but a lifetime of experience and he brings a lot to the table.
Why not try being a positive force here, instead of just going thru your enemies list everyday and seeing who you can hurt. For example if you thought I was out of line or not informative enuf on this thread why not post a well thought out response to the OP and explain to him why the bull should be cut. For the record Because it looks like one of 3way's balancers is not a positive response.

You get a little class and try being a force for good instead of just a mean ole sob and yea we may be pards again..........but I doubt either one's gonna happen any time soon.

scroote wrote: Hey 3way, got your pm and thanks for the encouraging words. A man puts his bull up and you say cut, well I have every right to call it as I see it. Your mutts don't look much better. Why should I post pics when your buddy Doc Harris owns no cows and his words are gospel?

One more thing cowboy, heed my last post about your SA friend. His sting has softened some but you will get backstabbed. Get off your knees and wipe your mouth! I bet you are a great guy but you sound so pathetic jocking that dousche. Grow a pair and shut down the fan club.

Scroote, hoping we can be buckaroos again someday........Scroote
Cowhand

Scroote ol buddy ol pal you sound like one honery sob. Reading this bit you posted reminded me alot of the kids in high school. you know the ones who stood on thier tippy toes and talked the whole time but if something was about to happen were sure quick to get behind a door or group of people. yup the good old memories of back when huh. thanks for those by the way.
U sure seem to have it our for a person here and there thats for sure but I am going to have to agree here that maybe instead of picking arguments you could try and be helpful to the op and give reason why he should either cut or keep or at least say weither you think he should cut or keep. Also the SA friend you say whose sting has softened abit but will still backstab someone if it is who i figure you mean i will be the first to say he sure handed out some solid advice and pointed me in a few dirrections twords certain breeders that were very knowledgeable to wich i am grateful. I guess i dont see how he could stab someone in the back and all specially from a spot that is very like a 24 hour flight. Not to mention for him to backstab someone specially considering the fact its a cattle forum on the internet is probably as likely as 3way being able to reach out and pop you in your lippy mouth for that comment about get off your knees. i just dont see it being possible unless a person put themself in a situation for it to happen.

And here is to hoping we can still be buckaroos. k partner. :cowboy:

To the original question at hand. Do you know anything else about the calf other than his birth weight. Like weaning weight, what did he gain a day until being weaned. what has he gained since being weaned, how has he been fed after weaning up to the point he is at now. things like that. there is alot that goes into raising seed stock and people like to know when spending money on something that is going to really impact thier herd ,exspecially the way a bull will, more detail than just the bw. But going by the fact that you replied to dun about not really knowing much about cattle i would lean twords cut him. get some more experiance with cattle this forum is a great place to read and watch all the bulls people post and see if you can start to learn to catch the things they say are wrong with them. than later down the road try your hand at raising a few. if they turn out to not be any good knock the nuts out and keep going.

Just in case you're still with us Scroote here's a picture from this afternoon of my Red GV bull for you. I will agree with you on one thing. I don't like the balancers nearly as much as the Purebreds but the market wants them so I raise the, I would much rather sell 10 like this fella every year.

image001.jpg

3waycross":xbi9s5bu said:
Just in case you're still with us Scroote here's a picture from this afternoon of my Red GV bull for you. I will agree with you on one thing. I don't like the balancers nearly as much as the Purebreds but the market wants them so I raise the, I would much rather sell 10 like this fella every year.

image001.jpg

Wish I had 10 that looked like that to sell.

I also believe he should be cut. Someone with more knowledge than I should pm him and point out the major flaws that are easily noticeable. As to Doc Harris, Scroote, I hope some day you have a chance to whip my a$$.

Guys - just to let you know I am kinda thick skinned. If he is a no good prospect, than that is what I like to hear. Because he was registered I did not know what to do with him. That is why he is not already cut. I just wanted to make sure I was not making a mistake, because I don't have anyone around me that I can talk to about cows. That is why I was so glad to find this cattle forum. I am really sorry that my first post has got everyone fighting. That was definitely not my intention. Thanks, Phil

SPJRanch":39mmgwbf said:
Guys - just to let you know I am kinda thick skinned. If he is a no good prospect, than that is what I like to hear. Because he was registered I did not know what to do with him. That is why he is not already cut. I just wanted to make sure I was not making a mistake, because I don't have anyone around me that I can talk to about cows. That is why I was so glad to find this cattle forum. I am really sorry that my first post has got everyone fighting. That was definitely not my intention. Thanks, Phil
Don't worry about the fighting Phil. We fight even if folks like our cattle :lol: . Glad you found the place, hope you stick around.

Don't worry about the fighting Phil. We fight even if folks like our cattle :lol: . Glad you found the place, hope you stick around.[/quote]

Isomade - I plan on sticking around. Just glad this is on the internet and not all of us in a bar drinking beers and having this discussion. (LOL) Hope you guys do not get tired of my "New Guy" questions. Thanks, Phil

These guys are quite helpful on here. I'm also a new guy to the boards, and glad I joined despite some of the dumba$$es on here looking for attention (obviously) lol.

SPJRanch":78uv3i3q said:
Don't worry about the fighting Phil. We fight even if folks like our cattle :lol: . Glad you found the place, hope you stick around.

Isomade - I plan on sticking around. Just glad this is on the internet and not all of us in a bar drinking beers and having this discussion. (LOL) Hope you guys do not get tired of my "New Guy" questions. Thanks, Phil[/quote]

:lol2: :lol2: I am willing to bet that if it was in the bar over a drink half the dumba$$ crap that gets said just for attention wouldnt be said. Not to mention if it was it would end about as quick as it started.

Lon":3722uu6d said:
SPJRanch":3722uu6d said:

Isomade - I plan on sticking around. Just glad this is on the internet and not all of us in a bar drinking beers and having this discussion. (LOL) Hope you guys do not get tired of my "New Guy" questions. Thanks, Phil

:lol2: :lol2: I am willing to bet that if it was in the bar over a drink half the dumba$$ crap that gets said just for attention wouldnt be said. Not to mention if it was it would end about as quick as it started.

:nod:

Latest posts