Bud Williams Sell-Buy Marketing v.s. Resident Cow Herd

Help Support CattleToday:

MO-Ruminants

Reaction score
Sell-Buy marketing makes lots of sense, but flies in the face of slowly improving the genetics of your cow herd over years by keeping and developing the best offspring as replacements.

What would Bud Williams have said about "building your herd"?

1) Most of Bud' examples involved growing feedlot cattle.
2) Any marketing move has to take quality into account.
3) Low turns makes in house cow herd building mathematically challenging w/o buying embryos.
4) Never herd a Bud comment on building. It would seem to be a different approach - - with different priorities - - so it is difficult make a direct comparison. I suppose a good trader could keep increasing the quality of his buys and thus improve his genetics every time he trades. The more he trades - - the faster his genetics improve! :cowboy:
5) There is a Bud Summit in Springfield next week. Look into it.

Thanks Stocker Steve.

Bud Williams is a man I often wished I had had the opportunity to meet.

Have you attended his or any of his disciples' seminars, or purchased any of their materials? (subscription website, videos etc.)

Yes, I did explore the Springfield Bud Summit. (happening now I believe) Unfortunately, I very recently returned from a trip to Missouri, and schedule simply did not allow me to turn around and make the 1000 mile trip so soon. As they say here in Dutch Country, "A real spite".

I plan to keep an eye on their program. I believe they may be putting their schools on hold soon to make time for book-writing. Perhaps more Bud Summits will spring up after that.

Indeed marketing is needed in all the sectors, no matter if it is major or minor. If you do not have a big budget for promoting your business then I will strongly suggest trying out bulk SMS marketing. I have been using social media, ppc and text message marketing for car dealerships and satisfied with the outcome.

Latest posts