Browning BPS

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Ordered all the grandsons a BPS for Christmas this year.
That is going to cost me dearly cause I know the Mrs. is going to spend that much on the grand daughters there is more of them.

Caustic Burno":zf2xzp5y said:
Ordered all the grandsons a BPS for Christmas this year.
That is going to cost me dearly cause I know the Mrs. is going to spend that much on the grand daughters there is more of them.
CB I have the sudden urge to call you dad. :p

Over a 5 year period I bought my middle son A BPS in 12ga,20ga, and 28 ga. Missed a chance on a 16 up in SD 2 yrs ago but I will find one for him sooner or later. They are a very good shotgun, and ambidexterous to boot.

Good for you. :tiphat:

3waycross":124wcb0m said:
Over a 5 year period I bought my middle son A BPS in 12ga,20ga, and 28 ga. Missed a chance on a 16 up in SD 2 yrs ago but I will find one for him sooner or later. They are a very good shotgun, and ambidexterous to boot.

Good for you. :tiphat:

3way good for you, I firmly believe in keep a boy hunting and not hunting for a boy. Those hours will repay you tenfold .
I have shot a BPS for years (the new model 12) I picked up both the hunter and upland special in 16 when they came out to go with my 12's. Really need to go ahead and get the 20, 28, and 410 to have a whole set.
I just can't get away from a Browning design.

I have an old Belgium made Auto-5 that my Dad bought used back in the late 60's. It is an older version before the vented rib became standard. It is the best shooting, never let me down, shotgun that I have ever had. It has put the smackdown on everything from doves to deer. They were really made to last.

I love my bps. It kicks like a mule. A Briley steel full choke and 3.5 heavy metal #2's are a ducks worst nightmare. The only time it's ever stumbled was when the safety froze on. It took a few extra seconds to get it off but I still killed a bird out of the group.

HC
If you have the synthetic stock, pack a little lead wool in that stock and that mule will go away. I have a 10 ga. that I packed lead wool in the stock and it toned down alot. The only problem is that it now weighs 11 pounds. A pain to carry but it makes a good blind and pit gun.
Bear

I will have to try it. I shot it two weeks ago dove hunting. I had a bruise even shooting 1 1/8 oz dove loads. I have a hard time keeping up with doves with this gun. I just can't swing it fast enough and they change direction every 3ft. I would like to find me an older 3' 1100 for dove hunting and maybe hunting out of the boat. I will stick my gun in the mud or water in a minute if means dry britches lol.

Latest posts