Browning BLR

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
My local feed store has one on consignment, in .270, didn't look at it closely so I don't know if it is a straight grip or pistol grip, but the asking price is 575, and .270 is my favorite caliber. But dang, so close after christmas, seems under market value tho from what I'm seeing on the intertube. Anybody have one , Like it, stay away?

I have one in 243. I like the gun. The kids all packed it starting out. I liked the fact it had a clip so it was easy for them to unload. I could just glance at the hammer and see if they were walking around with it cocked (youngest son). Four of them shot deer with it and now there is a granddaughter lining up to use it.

I have one in .243 also, bought it new and I think it was $700-$800. I really like the look, feel and action but haven't used it much. Thought I'd be able to use the iron sights but I can't because I need reading glasses to see the sights and no reading glasses to see the target which doesn't work well at all for accuracy. I need to put a scope on it but have not yet done that.

Brute 23 said:
At that price I would think it needs to be in pretty good shape. I bought the same gun in .243 a couple years back for $450 in pretty decent shape.
I'm sure it can be bought for 5. Do you like yours, is it accurate, reliable? Is yours a pistol grip, or straight? Do you like the action? I would love to find one in .243.

I have not gotten to use it much. I shot it a little when I first got it and its accurate enough for hunting. Not sure about reliability but I had not problems racking through shells and stuff just playing around. It's the straight grip. I took the old scope of that came with it. It has good iron sights and my intention was just to use it for a truck gun.

It is on the lighter side IMO for a solid wood gun. The barrel is very light and you can tell it was designed with the intention of being packed around. It's fun in .243 but in .270 it might pack a pretty good wop... but I'm not a .270 fan.

Brute 23 said:
I have not gotten to use it much. I shot it a little when I first got it and its accurate enough for hunting. Not sure about reliability but I had not problems racking through shells and stuff just playing around. It's the straight grip. I took the old scope of that came with it. It has good iron sights and my intention was just to use it for a truck gun.

It is on the lighter side IMO for a solid wood gun. The barrel is very light and you can tell it was designed with the intention of being packed around. It's fun in .243 but in .270 it might pack a pretty good wop... but I'm not a .270 fan.
Well, I don't know where our relationship is headed, if you're not a .270 fan, it's probably not gonna work out, lol. I decided to let it be for now, I don't get to shoot much anymore and do almost no hunting. I think I'll let someone else enjoy it.

Latest posts