Broken Back

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett":ogzqxsvd said:
Lammie, you weren't wrong about the wind. I'ts blowin 28 mph with gusts to 41, sunny and 66. Got 2/10ths. Pastures are greening up enough that I went bull shopping this morning. Jogee, seems like the last 10 years have either been to dry or to wet. I guess we just don't remember when the were just right.

Depending on the gauge I'm up to 9 - 10 inches and its still raining and shouldn't stop till 2 a.m. You are right, weather is always a problem but I will take water over drought any day.

Its still pouring down rain here with no sign of it stopping. Here is a pic of the road by the house. River backed up from the bridge and came through the woods and went under the road and filled the woods up on the other side of the road.

IMG_3354.jpg

This picture of the woods by the house. We join the river but this is a hardwood pine forest and there is at least six feet of water at this spot. The width of the river is at least a 1/2 mile. (Mighty Miss ain't got nothing on us)

IMG_3359.jpg

This is a pasture by the house. The river is a mile from here. The water backed up from the river and went under the road and has filled this whole area up with water.

IMG_3357.jpg

I think we are good to go on our water situation here. They say it will stop by 2 a.m.

Latest posts