Don't forget to fall back tonight.

Help Support CattleToday:

I plan my day so I can be as efficient as possible. I also consider what I screwed up yesterday, how I can remedy that, and add to my growing list of "don't do that, Stupid!"
Therein lies the conundrum.
It can hardly be viewed as efficient if today is spent fixing what one screwed up the day before.

I frequently have to explain this to my wife when she congratulates me for what she sees as an accomplishment upon my fixing something that either broke or that I (we) messed up previously.
"I didn't accomplish crap. If we aren't moving forward, we're really just pissin in the wind. All I did is just get us back where we already were, 2 days ago"

Therein lies the conundrum.
It can hardly be viewed as efficient if today is spent fixing what one screwed up the day before.

I frequently have to explain this to my wife when she congratulates me for what she sees as an accomplishment upon my fixing something that either broke or that I (we) messed up previously.
"I didn't accomplish crap. If we aren't moving forward, we're really just pissin in the wind. All I did is just get us back where we already were, 2 days ago"
The alternative is to not consider my failures, and go through life dumb and happy.
I may not achieve that level of efficiency I desire, but I keep trying. I owe that to those around me, and especially to myself.
I can at least serve as an example, whether good or bad, so others may see, or see and avoid.