Breeding full sister to Mytty in Focus

Help Support CattleToday:

Till-Hill

Reaction score
Buddy mine has a full sister to Mytty in Focus, she is deep, long, and big. Might resemble some of Ron's Simmentals! I got a picture but no idea how to post it.

Proven bull would be fine and something at one of the big semen companies as we luted last night!

Till-Hill said:
Buddy mine has a full sister to Mytty in Focus, she is deep, long, and big. Might resemble some of Ron's Simmentals! I got a picture but no idea how to post it.

Proven bull would be fine and something at one of the big semen companies as we luted last night!

Can you email the picture to me? I will post it for you. I will PM you my email address if you can.

Bright Raven said:
Till-Hill said:

Can you email the picture to me? I will post it for you. I will PM you my email address if you can.
Will do! Thanks!

Till-Hill said:
Bright Raven said:
Till-Hill said:

Will do! Thanks!

I sent it to your private mailbox. Email me the picture and I will upload full size and post it on this thread.

Till-Hill said:
Bright Raven said:
Till-Hill said:
AAA# 16539153

A question: do you want a PB calf or would you consider a Simangus calf?

If someone really thinks a Simmental will work I may be able to convince him, if not like to stay Angus.
She needs power with lower bw

Ah... Simmental can solve the power but would drive up the Angus bw. Probably need someone else to advise you on Angus. Not my thing. Branded can help. Lol

Those screen icons came embedded in the picture. Sorry.

She looks the image of my Shocking Dream cow. Amazing! My cow is heavier boned but this cow has a better udder.

With the pedigree it doesn't really matter you can thrown any proven bull at her and she's gonna make something good, it's just what do you and your buddy consider good and how much you want to pay for the semen. I like using bulls that I know have great dams, for this gal I got.....Flat Top, War Party, Niagara and Supercharger from Select Sires.....Cowboy Up, Southern Charm, Black Magic and Tour of Duty from ABS......from Genex- Resource, Whitlock and Torque. These bulls have great dams behind them and are all 6 to 7 frame.

CreekAngus said:
With the pedigree it doesn't really matter you can thrown any proven bull at her and she's gonna make something good, it's just what do you and your buddy consider good and how much you want to pay for the semen. I like using bulls that I know have great dams, for this gal I got.....Flat Top, War Party, Niagara and Supercharger from Select Sires.....Cowboy Up, Southern Charm, Black Magic and Tour of Duty from ABS......from Genex- Resource, Whitlock and Torque. These bulls have great dams behind them and are all 6 to 7 frame.
thanks creek, just to good of a pedigree to just wing it. I'd like her to have a bell ringer!

Jindra Acclaim is a proven sire who I think would cross well with her.
Jindra Acclaim $30 frame score 6.5 aaa 17972810
cow 16539153
cow's ced 0
Acclaim ce 9 accuracy .79

cow ww 55%
Acclaim ww 2%

cow yw 70%
Acclaim yw 1%
cow doc 3%
Acclaim doc 10%

cow hp 70%
Acclaim hp 10%
cow cem 65%
Acclaim cem 15%

cow mw 30%
Acclaim mw 50%

cow cw 95%
Acclaim cw 1%

cow $W 55%
Acclaim $W 10%
cow $F 85%
Acclaim $F 1%
cow $B 95%
Acclaim $B 1%

Son of Butch said:
cow 16539153
cow's ced 0

cow ww 55%
Acclaim ww 2%

cow yw 70%
Acclaim yw 1%
cow doc 3%
Acclaim doc 10%

cow hp 70%
Acclaim hp 10%
cow cem 65%
Acclaim cem 15%

cow mw 30%
Acclaim mw 50%

cow cw 95%
Acclaim cw 1%

cow $W 55%
Acclaim $W 10%
cow $F 85%
Acclaim $F 1%
cow $B 95%
Acclaim $B 1%

I always look at Acclaim as a terminal sire, that may come to an end on the 31st. I forgot him, he would be a good choice, a bit more frame than the one's I named.

CreekAngus said:
I always look at Acclaim as a terminal sire, that may come to an end on the 31st.
I forgot him, he would be a good choice,
Actually I looked him up to see why you left him off.
I was honestly surprised by his good maternal numbers combined with top terminal numbers.
Especially top 1% yw and top 1% cw... yet Acclaim daughters are breed average for mw.
They must grow like weeds for 16 months and then stop.

Till-Hill said:

One of our bulls has Mytty in Focus in both the top and bottom of the pedigree, and he's made us some excellent females.

I would breed her to Hoover Dam if you want proven and easily obtainable.

Hoover Dam daughters are excellent in my opinion.

But if you could wait.....I would breed to SAV Harvestor and keep your fingers crossed for a daughter. Harvestor daughters are in a league of their own.

CreekAngus said:
Son of Butch said:
cow 16539153
cow's ced 0

cow ww 55%
Acclaim ww 2%

cow yw 70%
Acclaim yw 1%
cow doc 3%
Acclaim doc 10%

cow hp 70%
Acclaim hp 10%
cow cem 65%
Acclaim cem 15%

cow mw 30%
Acclaim mw 50%

cow cw 95%
Acclaim cw 1%

cow $W 55%
Acclaim $W 10%
cow $F 85%
Acclaim $F 1%
cow $B 95%
Acclaim $B 1%

I always look at Acclaim as a terminal sire, that may come to an end on the 31st. I forgot him, he would be a good choice, a bit more frame than the one's I named.

Our acclaim sons are great so far. They're young yet. We flushed him with our high numbered donor. He's big around here and there isn't a whole lot, not to like. If I recall correctly, I think I've only seen a handful out of hundreds that weren't nice.

We were actually talking to our embryologist the other day about "good" people in this industry and Jindra made that list of honest operators. Our embryologist certainly wasn't going to drop any bad names... be bad for his business but he highly recommends them for honesty in an operation.

If you can get your hands on Treasure, he's a sure bet too. We haven't had one we didn't like and put him on some girls we wanted to fix.

This dam is one of our faves, she didn't need fixed. We just wanted more like her.

https://www.facebook.com/759292160893257/posts/1311266682362466?sfns=xmo

Treasure has given us some exciting bull prospects too! This has been such a fun year for calving.

NEFarmwife said:
If you can get your hands on Treasure, he's a sure bet too. We haven't had one we didn't like and put him on some girls we wanted to fix.

This dam is one of our faves, she didn't need fixed. We just wanted more like her.

https://www.facebook.com/759292160893257/posts/1311266682362466?sfns=xmo

Treasure has given us some exciting bull prospects too! This has been such a fun year for calving.

I'd pick MGR Treasure all day long before using Acclaims again. They are much better females than the Acclaims in my opinion. The Acclaim cattle do grow but have no hind end what so ever and ours seem to be more nervous when working them. They are also very large framed. I would bet that their EPD for MH Will be change with time.

Latest posts