Breeding full sister to Mytty in Focus

Help Support CattleToday:

LCBulls said:
NEFarmwife said:
If you can get your hands on Treasure, he's a sure bet too. We haven't had one we didn't like and put him on some girls we wanted to fix.

This dam is one of our faves, she didn't need fixed. We just wanted more like her.

https://www.facebook.com/759292160893257/posts/1311266682362466?sfns=xmo

Treasure has given us some exciting bull prospects too! This has been such a fun year for calving.

I'd pick MGR Treasure all day long before using Acclaims again. They are much better females than the Acclaims in my opinion. The Acclaim cattle do grow but have no hind end what so ever and ours seem to be more nervous when working them. They are also very large framed. I would bet that their EPD for MH Will be change with time.

Our Treasures are remarkable.

I am going to agree on making better females. We have one female acclaim that I am not sold, is an actual embryo so I hate to even comment... Just because she looks so poor compared to her flush brothers. We'll find out at weaning when we blood test. We were looking at her yesterday in pasture and we both agreed that even if she was a PB, as it sat now... we would fatten her out, not retain her.

Talked with a gentleman that has a flush sister to this cow, Simmental bull Shear Force has worked well on her and some of the clubby type Angus bulls. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm leaning towards Shear Force but he may want to keep her Angus. In that case probably go with Colburn Primo

Till-Hill said:
Talked with a gentleman that has a flush sister to this cow, Simmental bull Shear Force has worked well on her and some of the clubby type Angus bulls. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm leaning towards Shear Force but he may want to keep her Angus. In that case probably go with Colburn Primo

Shear Force is a rock star. I got 2. This heifer with the Cowboy Cut calf on her, is sired by Shear Force. This is her first calf! She has exceeded all my dreams with this calf:

Till-hill

Here is the cow that reminds me of the subject Mytty In Force cow. That calf was born this past fall. 112 pound Broadway:

Bright Raven said:
Till-hill

Here is the cow that reminds me of the subject Mytty In Force cow. That calf was born this past fall. 112 pound Broadway:

Nice! Full brother threw a 116# heifer calf out of a stabilizer cow this spring. She will outweigh the rest of the heifers this fall by over 200# way it looks today.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Kinda getting the cart before the horse. I sure would want semen in tank BEFORE I Lutalysed the cow!
What's the fun in that, ABS, Select Sires, Semex, Sexing Technologies, Top Sires all have dealers within 1 county of me. As long as they have it on the truck options are endless.

I had forgotten about this cow as she had been a late calver when he purchased her. AI'd her on a whim last year and got her bumped up enough to breed this year. Her calf and herself are impressive enough to do some research on a solid mating of her.

In the end last night I hit her with Poss Total Impact. 2 previous owners of the cow thought that would be the best options for what my buddy is trying to do with her. Now the waiting game!

Till-Hill said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Kinda getting the cart before the horse. I sure would want semen in tank BEFORE I Lutalysed the cow!
What's the fun in that, ABS, Select Sires, Semex, Sexing Technologies, Top Sires all have dealers within 1 county of me. As long as they have it on the truck options are endless.

I had forgotten about this cow as she had been a late calver when he purchased her. AI'd her on a whim last year and got her bumped up enough to breed this year. Her calf and herself are impressive enough to do some research on a solid mating of her.

In the end last night I hit her with Poss Total Impact. 2 previous owners of the cow thought that would be the best options for what my buddy is trying to do with her. Now the waiting game!

We LOVE our Total Impacts. He's going to compliment that cow in a wonderful way.

Latest posts