New breeding season

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
It's going to be my second AI season this year done by myself. Finally, this year have chosen all the bulls I wanted from the abroad AI companies and not the bulls, which were already here. Lets say, beef bulls brought here aren't of a high quality. Most bulls straws are around 2-4eur/straw.
Two days ago had my first delivery of the new bulls. All came from a french company. Now going to wait for some more bulls from two more companies. As always, a wide variety of breeds.
First, three belgian blue bulls. Langoureux will be mainly used by another farmer on his pure Charolais cows. Mambo is an easy calving bull, so will try him on some bluex females. Newman- only on plainer, mature, easy calving cows.

Next, two Charolais bulls. I'm waiting for one more charolais bull from another company. That one isn't a muscular type, but has very good growth. These two actually are very easy calving bulls.

Other two- Parthenaise bulls. One to use on parthenaise cross heifers and another for use on cows.

Lastly, one Blonde d'Aquitaine and one Bazadaise bull.
Waiting for a limousine bull to arrive, two simmentals and a few others. Going to be an interesting breeding season and very exciting calving.

And here are all other bulls, which should arrive in two weeks time.

A wide range of bulls. There should be enough of straws for two, maybe even three breeding seasons. Sure gonna add some new next year, but will be almost ready with these.
Such breeds as blonde, piedmontese, parthenaise and bazadaise will be mostly used for breeding higher % animals. Charolais, simmental, limousine will be more for crossbreeding. Will try out one Maine Anjou bull. Have my own breeding plan already ready for this year. Now just have to wait for all the calvings and heats. There were already three cows AI'd recently and a couple should come inheat soon.
Going to start heifers AI in May. First three weeks checking for natural heats. After the first round- all unseen heifers synchronised with Prid and checking for repeats from the first round.