Breeding a past show heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeereboy

Reaction score
Ok, so i have this angus show heifer, that I put a CIDR and the GNRH in. She was the only one that didnt come in heat outta the two cows and two heifers i was wanting to have bred. So my questions is, I already have the lutalyse, what procedure should I take to trying to get to come into heat. I waited a month to see if she would naturally come in heat, but didnt happen. What should i do?

She was never with a bull, so she couldnt have gotten bred, and she never came into heat when the rest were AI'd. There is no possible way she got bred she was in a pen in the barn. No chance the bull got in there.

johndeereboy":9oveafcv said:
She was never with a bull, so she couldnt have gotten bred, and she never came into heat when the rest were AI'd. There is no possible way she got bred she was in a pen in the barn. No chance the bull got in there.

But there is a chance her repro tract isn;t right. Have her palpated to see if her ovarys are mature and if she has cycled at all.

If she was a show heifer, did you get her overly fat? I would fallow the above advice and get her checked.

ok. The vet just left the farm about an hour ago. I had her checked and he said to give her a shot of lutalyse. So I guess I will try to get her to come into heat again. I had him preg check three other cows, that I had AI'd with sexed semen. Turns out one out of three actually stuck. So at least I will have one heifer calf for next year. I dont know if I should lutalyse the cows that didnt stick next week, to see if I can get them to stick, or let the bull get them? I already have the semen bought, so I think I will try it again? any opinions?

Some females don't respond as well as others to synching or she could have cycled unnoticed as well. You never know....I'd try again.

Latest posts