Bred cow sale tonight

Help Support CattleToday:

S
Glasgow Ky

Pretty sure those were open heifers in that sale
Yes they were open, sale was in Bowling Green. I didn't go, friend dis and said the heifers were not ready to breed yet. I saw the prices on line. Sold a dog for $4000.

He said that was the cost "landed here". There will be a bit of freight getting them from Alberta to the end of the earth where his ranch is located.
But as a dedicated Greg Judy fan, I am convinced that cattle are fully capable of walking.

But as a dedicated Greg Judy fan, I am convinced that cattle are fully capable of walking.
Yes they are, and I have seen them walking on every road around here except the interstate. But it would be a mighty long walk from Alberta to Dave's place in the middle of no where British Columbia. One of my neighbors pushes his cows up the canyon every spring. It takes them about two and a half days to get them where they are going. They make about 7 or 8 miles a day. When the cows get tired of walking they just leave them there. Cows just graze along the road and the river that evening and early the next morning. Cowboys show up, get them all back on the right side of the river, and push them along up the road some more.

Special Sale cow sale last week had a group of "Guaranteed Open" heifers sell for $1,800. And avg bred cow price was $1,450 I believe.

Yes they are, and I have seen them walking on every road around here except the interstate. But it would be a mighty long walk from Alberta to Dave's place in the middle of no where British Columbia. One of my neighbors pushes his cows up the canyon every spring. It takes them about two and a half days to get them where they are going. They make about 7 or 8 miles a day. When the cows get tired of walking they just leave them there. Cows just graze along the road and the river that evening and early the next morning. Cowboys show up, get them all back on the right side of the river, and push them along up the road some more.
Yes, they came 708 miles. An overnight rest at Williams Lake stockyards and they arrived today. They will be just fine once they rest up and fill their guts.

S

Yes they were open, sale was in Bowling Green. I didn't go, friend dis and said the heifers were not ready to breed yet. I saw the prices on line. Sold a dog for $4000.

What kind of dog for $4,000??

I forgot to add in my earlier post the open heifers were Brafords, they always fetch top dollar around here.

Latest posts