BREAD

Help Support CattleToday:

I feed them Bread, Bagels during the winter time as a treat. The wrappers are a bit troublesome, but I guess it's worth the time and effort. I usually fill the truck-bed up with bread and then empty the bread in the barn for storage. When I want to feed them, I just go get what I want unwrap and throw away the wrappers.
- I try to keep the wrappers away from the cows. My cows will eat them if given the chance.
- I normally feed 2-3 loaves per animal about twice per week.

I had been giving mine bread and people been looking at me like i had 3 heads when i head to the field with bread for the cows..lol

skyhightree1":3t5c3jzp said:
I had been giving mine bread and people been looking at me like i had 3 heads when i head to the field with bread for the cows..lol

Let'em think it...what they don't know is you steal a few slices of the "best bread" to make a good peanut butter sandwich to enjoy while the cows are enjoying their treat. :lol2: :lol2: Good ain't it. ;-)

Let'em think it...what they don't know is you steal a few slices of the "best bread" to make a good peanut butter sandwich to enjoy while the cows are enjoying their treat. :lol2: :lol2: Good ain't it. ;-)[/quote]

funny... good idea tooo...

My old dad used to get a truckload of bread twice a week. All sorts of bread and buns. He'd take it out of the wrappers and lay it out on a big tarpaulin in the sun to get nice and crisp so it wouldnt go mouldy. He'd wrap it back up in the tarp then and feed it out so much a day to the cattle and horses. They were so fat and shiney on it. It's a great cheap feed but do make sure you dry it out.

Never thought about feeding it to the cows, but my mother-in-law has been feeding day-old bread to her chickens since looong before I knew her.

farmwriter":3elmskns said:
Never thought about feeding it to the cows, but my mother-in-law has been feeding day-old bread to her chickens since looong before I knew her.

cows love it

I have been feeding bread for a couple of years now,along with others in my area. Cattle love it & its good, cheap, extra feed for them. I now say instead of putting the beef on the bun, ;-) I'm putting the buns in the Beef !!!!!!!!! :cowboy:

Latest posts