Brahma mama, Whats it worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah. Right on the edge here. Possibly a bit far north. Tho, I know of a herd of white brahmas over by Stillwater.
Summers here can be pretty brutal.
It's winters I worry about but, I've a good shelter for them!
If you buy them cheap enough put them in a trailer and head south. Hmmmm the price of fuel that might not work as good as it use to.

View attachment 14471
Do you need this steer to keep them gentle? He is not mean but we haven't figured out how to load him without loosing a trailer top.
😀 got a friend with an open top trailer...

Reminds me of the 5 year old jersey steer that sold a few weeks ago. Who keeps a jersey steer for 5 years??

😀 got a friend with an open top trailer...

Reminds me of the 5 year old jersey steer that sold a few weeks ago. Who keeps a jersey steer for 5 years??
This one is a pasture ornament but I think is 13. He was used when he was a calf to train horses but got to where he didn't like it any more and just stopped moving. The owners wife had because attached by then so 10 years later he is still there.

I guess Brahma guys don't care about phenotype only that they're brahmans sort of like black only buyers only care about color.
I don't care for the overly straight leg on the heifer in the first picture, 2nd picture can't really judge quality from that photo. Maybe the idea that they won't kill you trumps quality when it comes to brahmans. :)

View attachment 14471
Do you need this steer to keep them gentle? He is not mean but we haven't figured out how to load him without loosing a trailer top.
If he is gentle I bet he keeps his head down and never touches the trailer top. Always amazes me how well they handle those horns. If he isn't gentle load him laying flat, at 13 he is headed that way soon anyway.

I guess Brahma guys don't care about phenotype only that they're brahmans sort of like black only buyers only care about color.
I don't care for the overly straight leg on the heifer in the first picture, 2nd picture can't really judge quality from that photo. Maybe the idea that they won't kill you trumps quality when it comes to brahmans. :)
I agree abiut the slender one in the first pic

Which Missouri sales did you watch yesterday? I watched the Valley Oaks sale online.

Edit: sorry, thought I was quoting but guess not. Question was for Warren Allison.

4 HD
Probly 2nd or 3rd stage bred.
Do not know weight, guessing 1200lbs?

These be 4 yr olds coming 5, purebred gray brahma, very gentle, bred to Hereford bull for 2nd calf.
Condition is good to very good!

Let's hear it!
Fast. 😆
Coming five year olds, bred 2nd or 3rd stage for their second calf. I would expect that they would at least be nursing their second calf already by that age. I know they are later maturing but seems like they are behind in their productivity. Also would expect a purebred 4 y/o Brahman cow to be more than 1200 pounds.
I am probably not smart enough, patient enough or trainable enough to own and work Brahman cattle. But love to look at a group like these.
gray-brahman.jpg

Coming five year olds, bred 2nd or 3rd stage for their second calf. I would expect that they would at least be nursing their second calf already by that age. I know they are later maturing but seems like they are behind in their productivity. Also would expect a purebred 4 y/o Brahman cow to be more than 1200 pounds.
I am probably not smart enough, patient enough or trainable enough to own and work Brahman cattle. But love to look at a group like these.
View attachment 14477
Second calf for a four year old isn't that far off. Full blood mature 18-24 months.
The part you're missing is she will be producing in her twenties.

The part you're missing is she will be producing in her twenties.
An additional part that really matters is the other guy had to feed 'em until they started producing and now they're ready to go for you as money makers.
The expense of being late maturing fell on him, not you.

I missed out.
1700 per hd
7months plus bred

My phone dropped the call as I was bidding.
I'm angry, but guess it wasn't meant to be...
I would have bought everyone for that.
If I was going to stay in the real money with those girls would be AI with sexed semen.