Brahma mama, Whats it worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

Which Missouri sales did you watch yesterday? I watched the Valley Oaks sale online.

Edit: sorry, thought I was quoting but guess not. Question was for Warren Allison.
Hunter, don;t remember all the names, but the last one last night was Ozark. Right now I am watching Mid-Missouri and I-40. https://dvauction.com/

Should have tiger stripe calves , money makers for the heifers !
Well ya know, a guy would certainly think so!
But most people in northern Oklahoma don't seem too impressed. The ones I've seen sell, usually get docked a bit unless ya raise em all the way up and get em bred to a "lbw black angus bull"

Well ya know, a guy would certainly think so!
But most people in northern Oklahoma don't seem too impressed. The ones I've seen sell, usually get docked a bit unless ya raise em all the way up and get em bred to a "lbw black angus
Great mommas,but out of their territory..is like selling a Popsicle to and Eskimo ..

Don't you ever work? Hahahaha
Sometimes. :) I have2 computer screens here on my desk. One I am using in my business. One I am using for social media and watching these auctions. I have about bought everything I need for the orders I had. Might be buying a few more for me and Scotty, though. We just got a hell of an offer on the Corriente herd. 92 with 92 black polled calves. $90k. We will keep the 3 that had Corriente calves, and the 4 Corr heifers. Not many for 200 acres, but we are thinking of leaving it like that, and planting/re-planting food plots and grain patches for the quail and rabbits. I have a man wanting to trade me 4 plummer cows ( Longhorn x Brahma) and cash on a horse. 8 yrs old and gonna calve in April. Bred to a Charbray bull. If I trade, I will put those 4 out there, too.

Sometimes. :) I have2 computer screens here on my desk. One I am using in my business. One I am using for social media and watching these auctions. I have about bought everything I need for the orders I had. Might be buying a few more for me and Scotty, though. We just got a hell of an offer on the Corriente herd. 92 with 92 black polled calves. $90k. We will keep the 3 that had Corriente calves, and the 4 Corr heifers. Not many for 200 acres, but we are thinking of leaving it like that, and planting/re-planting food plots and grain patches for the quail and rabbits. I have a man wanting to trade me 4 plummer cows ( Longhorn x Brahma) and cash on a horse. 8 yrs old and gonna calve in April. Bred to a Charbray bull. If I trade, I will put those 4 out there, too.
I thought Plummer cattle were bucking stock bloodlines, that's the only time I hear of people running Plummer cattle.

They'll work for anybody, once you learn how they work..they are sharp as tacks and can smell a rat a mile away..they don't cowboy like the British breeds..

J & J cattle has most of their top of the line yearling heifers at around $1250. I would try that.

Those Brahma heifers at $1285 look pretty nice quality. @MurraysMutts could get in the brahma business with those with plenty of options for breeding them. They look nicer to me than those coming 5 year olds he missed out on, even though he might have more in them by the time they calve.

I thought Plummer cattle were bucking stock bloodlines, that's the only time I hear of people running Plummer cattle.
I think you are right, in that one bucking stock line has a registry called Plumber. But, kinda like people call any black cow an Angus, and we down here call all soft drinks Cokes and refridgerators are frigidaires... lots of folks call any LH x Brahma plummers.

He said for YOU to do it. Just because they'll work for someone doesn't necessarily mean they'll work for you.
Yeah, they most likely will. Might not when a stranger gets in the pen at a sale the first time, but if they gentled down enough for one man to hand feed and pet, they will for another that know what they are doing.

Those Brahma heifers at $1285 look pretty nice quality. @MurraysMutts could get in the brahma business with those with plenty of options for breeding them. They look nicer to me than those coming 5 year olds he missed out on, even though he might have more in them by the time they calve.
No way in hell that those at $1300...well, $1285..would be worth as much, much less more, than those 4 yr olds, 7 months bred to a Hereford.

for $1700 are. Any F1 Heifers born in May to those 4, will bring $1200 themselves at that size and age.

Latest posts