Bottle calf! Some say I'm crazy...

Help Support CattleToday:

One of the half Corriente 1/2 Mexican fighting Bull cows we got is colored just like that, and another is too only brown where this one is black. Might be why she is trying to kill Murray's dog..he may have himself a 1/2 Angus, 1/2 MFB on his hands! :) @MurraysMutts is she polled or was she de-horned?
She is naturally polled
😆

Yea was going to say ive seen beefmaster with that color pattern. Theres someone near Yukon that has watusi with that color pattern as well.
Though this girl is missing the ears and horns 🤪🤔
That color pattern in Beefmasters comes from the Hereford and Milking Shorthorn cross. His cow may be from a Her/SH x Angus cross. She doesn't appear to have any BM influence, but she might way back in her pedigree.

So JB. The jersey. Has been off bottle for a week or two now. And the lil heifers umbilical is healed. I put em back together. Only one trying to nurse is the lil heifer.
He seems a bit perturbed!
View attachment 30068
Shoot, everybody's got better luck than me, and he didn't have to sweet talk her or cook her dinner neither. Life sure is unfair.

Little continuity.
Those two above went on Eleanor since she had a surprise baby!

Today Seven is getting bred.
My own fault she didn't breed up. Drought didn't help.
20230524_173308.jpg20230524_173720.jpg20230524_173825.jpg
She will be right on time next year. She gets a PASS because I can! I know some folks wouldn't agree.

She did help raise 2 calves her first year. So nyeahhh....!

I don't normally do this either!!
105lb newborn bull calf. Almost walked into the ring. Had to have help the last few feet.
Vet said resflor and tube him.
I don't have a tuber, so I improvised. I've never had a need to tube a calf.
This will either win or I'll be out a small amount of money.
Good bottle calves were 450 and up today.
I got 2 qts of colostrum in him, aside from the lil bit I wore when he finally decided he was gonna get up with a funnel full!
🤣
good times.
good times!
20230525_175913.jpg20230525_175921.jpg

This guy was a twin. He had a will to live!! He grew up as a pet. I even taught him to heel like a dog. (I also train dogs). One of the toughest things I have done was walking away from him in the sale barn.

Attachments

• IMG_3029.mov
    7.9 MB

Latest posts