bobtail Coyotes

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
I shot three coyotes last week off of this one bait pile. The last two were short tailed one had less than half tail and the other had maybe a 6 inch tail. I thought that was kind of different or is it more common that I think?

BRYANT":3fjvxgg8 said:
I shot three coyotes last week off of this one bait pile. The last two were short tailed one had less than half tail and the other had maybe a 6 inch tail. I thought that was kind of different or is it more common that I think?

We have quite a few black ones.
This is just an I think on the anomalies.
With greater encroachment again I am convinced the genetic difference is from domestic dog in the woodpile.

I have seen one that was real dark, almost black, with a white chest patch and I also saw one that was solid white. Saw the white one two times once by its self then with another one. I to think it has something to do with domestic dog in the woodpile.

I saw one earlier this fall that was yellow like a yellow lab. Normal tail. Pretty animal but it was clear that it was mostly coyote. Once they start to run, you can almost always tell if its a coyote or a high percentage dog. The coyotes have a unique trot.

I shot one earlier this week that was missing most of its right front foot. The main pad was there but no toes or toe pads. That leg appeared to be shorter than the other one too. Looked to be more of birth defect than another way of loss because I couldn't see any scaring.

Latest posts