Trapping Coyotes

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":23f4sle4 said:
wacocowboy":23f4sle4 said:
We don't really have beaver around here. I would of though the tail would be like a gator tail. So do you make anything else besides sausage out of them. Ever ground one up and had beaver burger?

I use it just like I do beef. Make a lot a stir fry with it and burger works good to. You wouldn't know its not beef.

Well if the opportunity arises I think I would try it.

Jogeephus":zu7p1k0i said:
I know a place you can trap and keep all you want. No limit. :lol2:

Ok I'll be there in 14-15 hours maybe a bit more depending where exactly in Georgia you live.

greybeard":h921s8wt said:
My place is a lot closer Waco, and the terrain ain't nearly as bad as what Jo's pictures show....

I guess beavers are common East of 45? We had two stop in here for a minute a long time ago then they were gone never seen another one. Have you ever tried to eat one or are you not as adventurous with your food as Jo?

woodchuck is just like beef to chunk it up and make a stew or like a roast no one will know its not beef!

wacocowboy":1zes6b8g said:
greybeard":1zes6b8g said:
My place is a lot closer Waco, and the terrain ain't nearly as bad as what Jo's pictures show....

I guess beavers are common East of 45? We had two stop in here for a minute a long time ago then they were gone never seen another one. Have you ever tried to eat one or are you not as adventurous with your food as Jo?

No I have not knowingly ingested any aquatic rodents, tho I may have when I was in the Philippines or SE Asia. The ones I have killed here, either sunk when I shot them and didn't come up for a day or 2 or were in the connibear & dead too long for me to consider doing anything with. Gave one to a neighbor because he wanted to try to preserve the hide. They stink bad enough freshly killed, I really hate messing with them after they've been dead very long. Smell worse than a 5 day dead calf.

greybeard":2ych7rf0 said:

Shut your mouth. I was just getting a nibble. Besides, my beavers are more organicker than yours are I'm sure. And they are gluten free. :lol2:

Years ago my trapping partner made some extra long snares for an experiment that didn't work out. So the follow year we were trapping muskrats in the irrigation water waste ways in the Columbia basin. Coyotes had paths beat down along both sides of the drains. We set these 16-20 foot long snares where the trails went under fences. The soil is almost pure sand so tracks showed up real well. A coyote would get in a snare and go out to the end of the cable. When they hit the end they would turn and run back the other way. They would be going pretty fast when they hit the end 32-40 feet later. And they would be laying there dead as a door nail. No struggle at all.