Boar Hog

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
I have one that is giving me fits, boy is trap wise. So back to the hard way dug a hole three feet deep with post hole digger and filled with corn. Put a SPYPOINT watching it. They get infatuated with getting the corn out of the hole making them easier to poke holes in.

The most success I have had catching big boars like that is with a sow in heat in a large, pen trap. It's near impossible to get them in box traps with bait.

We are getting tore up right now. Caught 12 last week in one shot. They had a pile of piglets that I hope the coyotes took care of. Its prime time to trap out sows with piglets and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Caustic Burno said:
Well he didn't show last night.
That's what I hate about these big boars,they show up one night and gone for a week or two.
Could you get him with a snare.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-iba-1&hsimp=yhs-1&hspart=iba&p=setting+snare+traps+for+hogs+video#id=2&vid=34677ff573e9209dc8d8790cda242163&action=click

hurleyjd said:
Caustic Burno said:
Well he didn't show last night.
That's what I hate about these big boars,they show up one night and gone for a week or two.
Could you get him with a snare.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-iba-1&hsimp=yhs-1&hspart=iba&p=setting+snare+traps+for+hogs+video#id=2&vid=34677ff573e9209dc8d8790cda242163&action=click

I have used snares and it's a method of last resort with me. I have caught too many non targeted animals.

sstterry said:
Caustic Burno said:
He came back tonight, by the time I snuck in downwind he had left.

This is getting to be like a tv series. Tune in next week for another episode of Caustic Burno vs The Big Boar. :lol2:

He is definitely giving me fits. He is sharp any sound smell he is gone.
I am getting old takin me to much time to get down there.
I am about to the point of putting out the foot snares.

sstterry said:
I came here to check first thing this morning to see if you got him. Now I see the drama continues because you only bagged a supporting character! Stay tuned next week...

Couldn't stay out too late, I am sitting in the bank parking lot right now waiting on my bass fishing partner.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
I came here to check first thing this morning to see if you got him. Now I see the drama continues because you only bagged a supporting character! Stay tuned next week...

Couldn't stay out too late, I am sitting in the bank parking lot right now waiting on my bass fishing partner.

You and greybeard going fishing? :lol:

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

That is not social distancing unless you are sitting on opposite ends of the boat!

bball said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

You and greybeard going fishing? :lol:

I am self quarantining on the lake and in the woods. Half of Houston is quarantined with me on Rayburn.
I don't think he is getting out of the house.

Brute 23 said:
That's the great thing about those big boars... they get territorial. They will maybe adjust their times a little but they will keep coming.

Brute that big sow I got the other night was barren. She had never been nursed, I have never seen that before, have you?
Looking back I should have skinned her out.

Caustic Burno said:
Brute 23 said:
That's the great thing about those big boars... they get territorial. They will maybe adjust their times a little but they will keep coming.

Brute that big sow I got the other night was barren. She had never been nursed, I have never seen that before, have you?
Looking back I should have skinned her out.

Yes sir. They can be mean as can be and get some big cutters. Had a friend that I have been hunting with for years get cut on the back of his leg by one, one time. Your right about skinning out. They are always big and fat and clean looking.

Latest posts