Boar Hog

Help Support CattleToday:

The longer he goes the more offspring he leaves. Imagine what future hog hunting will be like. Man vs Hog and man will have to get smarter...

jltrent said:
The longer he goes the more offspring he leaves. Imagine what future hog hunting will be like. Man vs Hog and man will have to get smarter...
I trap about 80 a year and losing the battle already. Smarter hogs doesn't sound good on top of that I am getting old and decrepit.
The one from yesterday is number 28 since January 1.

skeeter swatter said:
Caustic Burno said:
callmefence said:
I'm starting to think this is gonna come down to whoever succumbs to old age first.........

Might #29 for the year.

:D

Tuff lil dog to take down that big thing.

She got hold of that one after I had put a 22 LR in it.
Pretty common for the hog hunters to use JRT's. They call them the swarm of bees. She has bayed up a lot of hogs in her day in the woods with me. The little dogs are fearless, gets them in trouble sometimes.

Pretty common for the hog hunters to use JRT's. They call them the swarm of bees. She has bayed up a lot of hogs in her day in the woods with me. The little dogs are fearless, gets them in trouble sometimes.
That reminds me of the time the govt hunter came out to dispatch a bear. I was loving on his JRT on the way to where his hounds had tree'd the offender. After securing his dogs and killing the bear he let them loose including the JR & treated them to a free for all ripping and tearing at the deceased offender. Loading up for home Ms JR leaped back into my lap. Being ignorant of such things, I wasn't prepared for the ungodly stench. I gingerly deposited her on the seat between us and ole Blue winked and laughingly commented "gets to where you don't notice it a tall".

76 Bar said:
That reminds me of the time the govt hunter came out to dispatch a bear. I was loving on his JRT on the way to where his hounds had tree'd the offender. After securing his dogs and killing the bear he let them loose including the JR & treated them to a free for all ripping and tearing at the deceased offender. Loading up for home Ms JR leaped back into my lap. Being ignorant of such things, I wasn't prepared for the ungodly stench. I gingerly deposited her on the seat between us and ole Blue winked and laughingly commented "gets to where you don't notice it a tall".

That's why dogs dont get any where near my face. I cringe when I see them licking on people. A dog is still a dog when given the chance.

wbvs58 said:
Nice. How many would be in the trap when the gate closes? I assume the remainder push through when they see their mates having a feed.

Ken

No more get in after the gate closes.
It has a guillotine door. I prefer those to the saloon door types.

Caustic Burno said:
Well these six are in the cooler.

We have to buy our hogs in MN. :( The market has become saturated, with sales barns as low as $15/cwt. One guy was calling around last week trying to wholesale 280# white butcher hogs for $25 a head.

Latest posts