Boar Hog

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry said:
Caustic Burno said:
hurleyjd said:
Caustic do you still have that pet hog you are feeding

The big one yes! I will give him to you.

I don't want to speak for hurleyjd, but you need to catch him to give him away. Just sayin....

Been fighting vertigo again for the last week. Vertigo and walking the woods at night don't go together well. It has kept me off the lake too, until today.
The seriousness of the economy was evident today at the ramp as it was virtually empty. All those people that got furloughed or layed off realized this is going to be for the long haul.
It's going to have a major impact on the Hill country and South Texas those high dollar deer lease will let go.

Just baited the traps locked open, I will put the SPYPOINT on it tomorrow night.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
Caustic Burno said:

I don't want to speak for hurleyjd, but you need to catch him to give him away. Just sayin....

Been fighting vertigo again for the last week. Vertigo and walking the woods at night don't go together well. It has kept me off the lake too, until today.
The seriousness of the economy was evident today at the ramp as it was virtually empty. All those people that got furloughed or layed off realized this is going to be for the long haul.
It's going to have a major impact on the Hill country and South Texas those high dollar deer lease will let go.

Just baited the traps locked open, I will put the SPYPOINT on it tomorrow night.

I got drunk one night last week too. :lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol: :hide:

TexasBred said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:

I got drunk one night last week too. :lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol: :hide:

Only one????

Brute 23 said:
Ive been covered up with pigs also. Its turning in to a full time job.

I just came back from the feed store, neighbors pasture had about twenty in it. That's a new sounder I haven't seen or caught on camera. The dang things are endless.

hurleyjd said:
Caustic Burno said:
hurleyjd said:
Caustic do you still have that pet hog you are feeding

Catch him and let me know I would like to put him in with my hogs and see if it will improve the herd. :lol:

I have caught quite a few that look Poland China or Duroc. Even caught one that looked to have blue butt in her.
I got one on camera a few years ago looked like the old Chester Whites my grandma had running in the woods.
About 90% look Russian boar 🐗.

Brute 23 said:
You might be surprised.

Hopefully.
I use a tire for the trip, takes a pretty big hog to root it over for the prize.
He tore up heII's half acre trying to get out. One of the panels was bent down on the top. The only thing I can figure is he got on the tire and it gave him enough height to go over.

As you can see by the time I have been on hog patrol.

That's a bummer. I thought I'd check in here to see how your going with him. I'm a bit disappointed. I agree with Brute, sometimes they surprise you. If he got a good feed, greed may bring him back.

Ken

sstterry said:
I am assuming that you did not get him since it is now early morning on Wednesday, and I am sure you would have shared if you bagged him.

Nothing on the midnight run, I was checking traps and trying to catch him in the pasture before the fog set in.
Pea soup here this morning.
I will check the traps age after daylight.

Latest posts